The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old April 17, 2009, 06:26 AM   #76
ChCx91

I have a Glock 29 + extra mag in an IWB holster at ALL given times when I am OUTSIDE of the house. Inside the house, the possibilities are endless. When I am naked in the bathroom, anything from a Kel Tec P-11 to a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull could be sitting in the drawer next to the sink. When I am sleeping there is a pistol approximately 2 feet away from my shoulder, some sort of long gun within 2 steps and 2 sets of level III body armor + a level V trauma plate hanging on my closet door which I think is about 2 steps away as well.

There is no such thing as a "routine walk outside." Every place on this Earth can present a deadly threat at any given time, even IN YOUR OWN HOME. BE ALERT.

GET A HIGH QUALITY SECURITY SYSTEM INSTALLED IN YOUR HOME. GET A NICE, BIG DOG; HELL, GET 2 NICE, BIG DOGS. INSTALL MOTION DETECTING LIGHTS ALL AROUND YOUR HOUSE. POST SIGNS EVERYWHERE THAT SAY "NO TRESPASSING" "BEWARE OF DOG(S)." TAPE UP YOUR BEST TARGETS FROM YOUR LAST RANGE TRIP ON ALL THE DOORS ON YOUR HOME.