The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 23, 2008, 12:12 PM   #1
Beretta686

Impressed with FTF 10.5 upper

A while ago I bought an FTF industries 10.5 inch A2 upper for use as a range toy/SHTF (since what's going to go down on an A2?).
I have to say that their advertising it a little shady to say the least.... They sell something as a "Bushmaster upper", when in reality it's actually a Bushmaster upper that they assembled on to a M1S barrel. So technically their correct but pretty misleading.
When I called them on this, they offered to take it back and give me a refund, but unfortunatly I left for a few weeks in the field and didn't do it.
Well today I finally got around to shooting it and I have to say that I'm actually really impressed with it. I took it out to the ranch, loaded in a 30-round magazine of 62 gr. and toasted cow patties & water bottles at various ranges, all with out any failures.
Then I tried some Wolf steel-cased ammo and was again smoking water bottles at 50 yards.
The only thing is that the concussion from the blast is pretty fierce and ear pro is a must on something that short.
So all in all not a bad upper for under $400. Though I can't say I agree with their marketing practices it seems as though FTF actually turns out some pretty good stuff.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old December 24, 2008, 10:43 AM   #2
mygunsbigger

your a2

how bout some pics!!?!
Everybody seems to want a carry gun that weighs nothing, is invisible, can't miss, hits like the hammer of Thor, and never runs out of ammo. And if your choice doesn't do all this, somebody will tell you what a bad choice it is.

-44 AMP
Old January 2, 2009, 02:08 PM   #3
Beretta686

Here 'ya go.

I've put some more rounds through and still have yet to have a malfunction (except for a POS 40rd mag double feed on me, which isn't the upper's fault).

Everytime I shoot this thing, it makes me think of the bank shootout on Heat....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n7964040_49346931_5763.jpg (41.6 KB, 77 views)

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old January 3, 2009, 04:22 PM   #4
Ridge_Runner_5

Hope you have a tax stamp, and that is a beauty of a weapon!
Old January 11, 2009, 09:01 PM   #5
Michael Bane

Thanks for the report, 686! I'm thinking of ponying up the $200 for a 7 1/2 or a 10 1/2...I was thinking if I came into a few extra bucks I' pop for the suppressor as well and end up with a quiet, easy handing house gun (although $400 too expensive, if you ask me).

I shot one of the Adams gas piston 7 1/2 inchers last month, and it was SWEET...

Michael B

Michael Bane
SHOOTING GALLERY
THE BEST DEFENSE