The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 5, 2016, 12:59 PM   #1
tjeffords

Run 2 accessories with 1 tape switch

I am running a

• WNOSH Green 532nm Laser Sight Hunting Rifle Dot Scope with On/off Swith Picatinny/weaver Mounts With Barrel Mount Battery Charger Include w/CR123A battery

and a

• Decaker 501B XM-L T6 1000 Lumens Bright LED Flashlight Torch Tactical FlashLight Lamp + Gun Mount + Remote Pressure Switch + 1 x 18650 Rechargeable Battery + Battery Charger (White Light)

(Links will be at the end)

What im trying to do is use one single tape switch for both my laser and light. Any ideas. If it comes down to it and i have to solder the 2 leads to one of my 2 tape switches. If the operating voltages are the same.

Links-
Light

Laser
Old October 5, 2016, 01:48 PM   #2
tjeffords

ATI Pics

Old October 5, 2016, 07:00 PM   #3
Old Bill Dibble

You could just tape one on top of the other. I would not solder the leads together they do not look like the same voltage.
"Tragedy has been and will always be with us. Somewhere right now, evil people are planning evil things. All of us will do everything meaningful, everything we can do to prevent it, but each horrible act can’t become an axe for opportunists to cleave the very Bill of Rights that binds us."
Old October 5, 2016, 07:09 PM   #4
tjeffords

Switch

It looked like they were not the same voltage.

I have to cut the cords and re-solder them anyways cause they are wayyyyyyy to long. my light will defiantly be shorter than my laser cause the laser is mounted to the mag tube and the light is attached to the for grip. So when I rack the gun I need more play with the laser since its stationary.

Ill probably have to epoxy them together cause I have tried 4 different brands of Velcro on the tape switch on the laser and it will not stay attached to the switch.

I have cleaned the switch with goofoff and brakeclean and carb cleaner all while using glove so no oil was present. Still no luck Busting out the epoxy
Old October 5, 2016, 07:50 PM   #5
Sharkbite

I, personally, would want independent switching of my light and laser.

What if you want one onnand not the other. Ive run M4's with mtpl devices and always used separate switches. Not to difficult if you train that way. Pick one or both...your option. Not tied to a hardware solution.
Old October 5, 2016, 11:30 PM   #6
tjeffords

I spacificly want to do it this was just cause this is my crittergun for the farm so ill end up ussing both anyways.
Old October 6, 2016, 12:24 PM   #7
tjeffords

I FOUND ONE!!!!!

I found one at

this website

Heres what it looks