The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old October 11, 2012, 05:37 PM   #26
m&p45acp10+1

Magnum Wheel Man I have shot a lot of rifles with scopes ranging from cheap total garbage up to way more than I could dream of affording. The best for the buck that I have used are on my two favorite shooters. BSA 6-24 x 42 Mil Dot IR . With 1/8 inch adjustments. At 100 yards I do not need a spotting scope at all. As far as distance. Well 4 coyotes dropped at 425 yards in a few seconds with no trouble seeing them at all. I saw the hits on all 4. I have shot 1 gal jugs of water out to 500 yards with no trouble seeing them. At $149 plus tax it is a great scope for the money. I was just gonna use it till I had the funds for a more pricey model. It worked well enough that I decided to keep it on the rifle. Also Mrs. M&P bought me one for XMas 2 years ago to go on my Savage FSSV It has held zero for over 15K rounds.

I would recommend seeing an eye doctor for a vision check before spending money on another scope. I get mine checked yearly. New glasses can a world of difference.