The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 25, 2007, 11:49 AM   #1
M77

Foggy Nikon

Well, it looks like I will be sending my scope back again. I purchased the Monarch about three years ago and have been very pleased with the glass but the thing fogs if any moisture is in the air be it fog, extreme humidity, or the slightest drizzle. I sent it back to Nikon before the season and it was returned with repairs having been made. Its absolutley worthless for a hunting scope if it can't be used in even slightly bad elements. It fogs on both the inside and out. Does anyone have similar experiences? I don't know what to do. I have a good mind to send it back every year for repair if it is not fixed properly(life time warranty) but each time I have to pay for a bore-sighting and then sight in.
Old October 25, 2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Kreyzhorse

Send it back. Let them know this is the second time and that the same problem continues to manifest. If you don't send it back, you might as well throw it in the trash.

As far as paying for bore sighting, bore sight the thing yourself visually, tighten it down and zero it in. Start at 25 yards, 50 yards and then 100 yards. I've never payed any one to bore sight a scope and have never had an issue zeroing one in.