The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 15, 2006, 01:10 PM   #1
RevoRick

Tracking My Reloading

I am just getting started in reloading, in fact everything is set up and today I will load my first rounds. My question is: Has anyone developed an Excel spreadsheet that tracks cost, round data or something similar. If so would you be willing to share it. Thanks, if not what kind of data do you keep? I know load data is one but how about others? Thanks in advance.
DW 10mm CBOB, 10mm Experimental, .45 Pointman GD, .45 Patriot CCO. DW 744 VH .44 6", 715 VH .357 4". Fusion 10mm Longslide XM-10 Tactical Hunter. Glock 19c, Browning Buckmark, S&W 686 .357 4", 629 .44mag 8 3/8". Uberti Cattleman .45LC.
http://www.1911auto.org/forum/index.php?referrerid=24
Old June 15, 2006, 03:22 PM   #2
30Cal

I keep a spreadsheet that has load data (including die and powder measure settings), average group size, zero's at 100/200/300/600yds (plus ambient temperature) and a subjective confidence factor (based on how many times I've fired the load and how consistantly it performs). I don't track # of rounds loaded, but I do track rounds fired for each firearm.

I keep a separate tab on the spreadsheet that shows data that I've collected but haven't tried and a third tab for data that I developed in the barrel I replaced.
Old June 15, 2006, 07:58 PM   #3
kingudaroad

I started taking a picture of the target that determined the final load and type the load data right on it.They can be stored in anything that can hold a digital picture.

I also can make a label out of the picture and attach it to the box I keep the ammo in.

I can't seem to get a sample uploaded as the file size is too large.

It's kind of neat to have all my loaded cartridge boxes with little target pictures right on them for identification.
Old June 18, 2006, 09:05 PM   #4
BigO01

Rick if you go to this http://www.reloadbench.com/pdf.html link and go a little more than halfway down the page you will find a couple of forms you can print out .

As far as a program goes try Lee the Shooter , it is about $12 at ,http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=100131 I haven't played with all of it's features but I think it will fit your needs .
Old June 18, 2006, 10:17 PM   #5
RevoRick

Big, Thanks for the link. The Lee reloading program is a windows program and I use a Mac. Too bad for me.
DW 10mm CBOB, 10mm Experimental, .45 Pointman GD, .45 Patriot CCO. DW 744 VH .44 6", 715 VH .357 4". Fusion 10mm Longslide XM-10 Tactical Hunter. Glock 19c, Browning Buckmark, S&W 686 .357 4", 629 .44mag 8 3/8". Uberti Cattleman .45LC.
http://www.1911auto.org/forum/index.php?referrerid=24
Old June 19, 2006, 08:51 PM   #6
Kenneth L. Walters

My Excel spreadsheets got so large that I had to start breaking the worksheets into workbooks. Have one Workbook that tracks bullet casting. Have another that tracks on target performance. They are interconnected. Both got so large that I had to break them up by years. One set for 2000 through 2005. Another for the years after that.

Because I was getting so many virsus I finally stripped my internet machine of everything but browsing and put everything else on a machine that never sees the internet. Certainly killed the virus problem but it also makes it impossible for me to send you an example.

BUT Excel is clearly the way to go. Particularly graphs showing changes in your shooting scores over time.