The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 13, 2002, 01:32 AM   #1
pepemarine

Beretta X-trema?

Does anyone out there have one of these guns?

Is it really a Super Black Eagle clone?

I´ll never shoot the 3 1/2" , is it worth trading my urika?

I have used the benelli and found they kick a little bit more than my urika but the x-trema has a device in the stock to help with the kick, how does it perform with the overbored barrels?

I´m sold with Beretta as the best performing guns in the planet after having sold 6 perazzis and few brownings, any comment?

keep blasting!
Old October 13, 2002, 06:22 AM   #2
PJR

If you're not going to shoot 3-1/2 then there is no point in giving up your Urika. I spent an afternoon shooting targets with an Xtrema a few weeks ago and for want of a better description it's a 391 on steriods. The action and internal bolt system seems huge in comparison. It was reliable with all types of loads and the recoil with the heavier stuff wasn't as bad as some other guns I've fired. If you need 3-1/2 (and I don't) this would be the gun to get. On the down side, it swung like a log compared to the 391 and had without question the worst trigger pull of any shotgun I've ever handled. Keep the Urika and use 3" when the situation requires.

Paul