The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 15, 2020, 02:13 PM   #1
Shadow9mm

Gun skin pistol mag skins review

Overview So I just bought a pack of these. They are a premium vinyl decal designed to fit GLOCK mags. No other templates currently. With that said they can me made to work on others as long as you don't mind a little trimming. They also come with a sticker for the back of the pistol. I did put it on but didn't like the look personally.

Application Clean before applying, mainly de-grease so they stick well. I had a little trouble getting the first 2 on straight. After that it was pretty quick. The dots to cover the hole in the base plate were a royal pain to get on straight. I ended up using the point of a knife to position them. After getting them on hit them with a heat gun of hair dryer. this will soften them and you can either just press them down firmly, or stretch to fit if you want (or its a non glock mag.) Also these were not intended for extended "+" glock base plates. The hole does not line up but you can make it work.

Summary. Over all they look cool, help me tell my mags from others, or between guns. They also provide some protection from scuffs and scrapes if you drop them like I do on reloads. At $12.99 for a 6 pack off amazon I think they are a good deal.

Photo: base plates left to right "+", Gen 5, Gen 4

They also come in several style options, screen shot from their web site.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gun skins.jpg (347.1 KB, 81 views)
File Type: png options.png (120.3 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by Shadow9mm; September 15, 2020 at 02:38 PM.