The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old December 6, 2011, 10:13 PM   #1
BillyBeards

Utah Non-Resident CCW Permit

Maybe someone can help me with this.
I've been thinking of getting a Utah non-resident CCW permit. Is it worth it for me living in NY where I do not currently have a carry permit and may never. As of now I do not hunt so I don't see any hunting trips in my near future.
The instructor also offers CT,FL,ME, and NH.

The only real reason I can think of to get it at this point is if the reciprocity act goes into effect and I would be able to legally carry in my home state.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old December 6, 2011, 10:32 PM   #2
Alaska444

If you read the bill on reciprocity, I believe you will find that you will still NOT be able to carry in NY, nor will anyone that does not have a NY CCW permit. We had a long discussion on another thread about such issues.

On the other hand, if you are going to do any travel, the Utah permit is good but it will only get about 33 states at this time. I am in a similar situation living in CA where it is just about impossible but now have Idaho, Utah and Nevada non-resident CCW permits which allows me to carry in Idaho and the other states I travel through except OR.

If you move to Vermont, it is a not an issue any longer.