The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Closed Thread

Old April 20, 2007, 11:48 PM   #26
BobK

Yeah, you can tell the guy is a loser.

Gideon46, I wish you luck. I also did some research on Brommeland and got screwed. There are many other quality holsters out there made by nice folks who don't lie to their customers and then cuss them out and call them names when we wonder what's going on. Mr Brommeland treated me in such a manner that I will do what ever I can to discredit him so he loses business. Since profanity is not allowed, and you are a pastor, I will refrain from telling you just how I feel about this arrogant low life. Use your imagination.
Old May 8, 2007, 01:59 AM   #27
peterex

Brommeland holsters

I've been waiting a year for a Brommeland holster. I too have had promises made by Gary Brommeland regarding when my holster would be arriving. It has all apparently been lies. Although I've always been polite in the past while making several different attempts to find out what was going on, I finally sent him a very pointed note asking for my money back. He sent one of the nastiest replies I've ever received from anyone. Name-calling and the whole nine yards.
This guy is a first class nut case and I would not recommend him to my worst enemy. I've actually purchased two holsters from him in the past and they were very well made. But he's not reliable as a business man and obviously can't deal properly with customers. As some others have mentioned in this thread, he took my money when I placed the order a year ago and has kept it since then. So beware.
Old May 8, 2007, 08:28 PM   #28
BobK

It's really too bad that more people don't see how Brommeland runs his business. He wouldn't be in business long if they did. I got the same nasty replies from that idiot. Like I said before, I will do all I can to steer people away from him. There is no excuse to treat people the way he does.

Ordered a holster from KD Holsters a couple weeks ago. I'll let you know how it goes. Planning to get a Sparks holster soon also.
Old May 8, 2007, 09:52 PM   #29
Gary Brommeland

Bob K;

You sir, are in my opinion a liar. How did you "get screwed"? You asked for a refund, and you got one 4 BUSINESS days later. This constitutes a "screwing" to you?

To the rest of you, here's the deal: We had supply problems that have resulted in hugely excessive delays that are entirely beyond anything that I can control. And yes, we are at least 6 months behind schedule in our deliveries. However, every single customer who has enquired about their order status has been advised of these circumstances. Everyone who has asked for a refund has been issued one. However, the simple fact remains that I cannot make holsters without leather, and for about 6 months we simply could not get the material that we need. I could have made POS holsters, and in retrospect this would have been a wiser move from a purely business perspective. However, that's not what we do here. We do quality work - nothing less. I can see from this thread that my committment to my customers has been richly rewarded.

If a customer wants a refund, ask and you'll get a refund. If a customer wants their order, they'll get said order as soon as it is possible to deliver. If a customer conducts themselves as a civilized human being, I will respond to them accordingly. If a customer acts like a complete ******* (Bob), you'll be treated in kind.

I have worked at a net loss for nearly a year in order to fill these orders. This has been a year of 70 hour weeks and I have put my heart and soul into trying to give the best service humanly possible under the circumstances. I have no monetary incentive to do so - this is simply a matter of integrity. If I was the scumbag that some of these loudmouth anal orifices contend, I would have simply filed bankruptcy and said adios to all of my obligations. However, I refuse to even consider doing such a thing. Instead, I am honoring EVERY SINGLE order - either by filling it or by issuing a refund. Why the Hell would I do that if my intentions were anything but honorable?

Internet experts can sit on their asses and shoot their mouths off all they want, but none of you accurately portrayed the circumstances of your "Brommeland Experience", and quite frankly I no longer care what any of you think.

I will continue to make the very best holsters humanly possible and deliver them as soon as I possibly can. For those who want to wait, I'll make sure you get exactly what you paid for. For those who do not want to wait, politely asking for a refund will result in a refund. However, I am sick and tired being the focalpoint of a bunch of malcontent bitches - ordering a holster from me does not give you ownership of me, and I am sick and tired of people acting as though they own me. They DO NOT!
Old May 8, 2007, 09:59 PM   #30
Gary Brommeland

PeterRex,

You too are a liar, in my opinion. I offered to upgrade you to a holster costing twice as much for no additional charge because of the delays. You responded by calling me a thief. If you had acted like a gentleman, you would have been treated as such. Instead, you insulted me and called me a thief.

On what freakin' planet do you think it is OK to go around slinging such accusations? If you wanted a refund, all you had to do was ask. This is what prompted me to share my true feelings about you.

What you (and Bob) fail to realize is that if you pick a fight with me, you're gonna get one. If you had acted like a civilized human being and simply asked for a refund, you would have been sent one without my calling you "A pompous, self important ass" and telling you to plant your lips upon my anus. But again, if you want a fight, you'll get one. You asked for it, and you got it.
Old May 9, 2007, 01:02 AM   #31
BobK

Gary, I have talked to at least 20 people online and face to face about your crappy customer service. They all confirm what I've said about you. Who knows how many more there are that are still waiting and have not spoken up. It is you who is a liar. That has already been proven time and again. You cite lame excuses for your dishonesty and lack of integrity.

I never picked a fight and was never rude. You got pissed when I asked for a refund. Yes, you make an excellent holster. But that does'nt give you the right to treat people like crap.

I frequent several forums and your name has been trashed several times for many reasons. So it's not just a select few who have spoken up about your lack of service.

Remember? 8-10 weeks? Almost 30 freakin weeks later and I FINALLY got something out of you. Too bad in was a refund instead of a holster. Your business practices will one day be your undoing.

A fight? Please! Humor me some more. Just go away to that other forum that you run like a nazi. I'll still be here telling the truth about you.
Old May 9, 2007, 01:13 AM   #32
BobK

Also, 70 hour work weeks and working for a net loss are YOUR problem! All you had to do was be honest. But you did not.

HONOR you orders!? There is'nt an honorable bone in your body. Otherwise people would'nt be getting lied to and having to wait over a year for a stinkin holster. This is'nt about your logistical problems or whatever lame excuse you may have. It's not about waiting for a high quality holster. It's about how YOU treat people and YOUR obvious lack of planning and inability to run your business the right way. As a result, you resort to lieing to new customers to keep the money rolling in. Just like you did to me.

No. You showed up here to try and discredit a few of us. In two posts you have managed to discredit yourself instead.

Fight? Like I said, humor me some more. The fights over and you lost. Your just too stupid to know it.
Old May 9, 2007, 03:44 PM   #33
Gary Brommeland

Here's where things started to go south with Bob K. :

His email to me:

To: [email protected]
Sent: 3/29/07 11:29:54 PM
Subject: RE: Holster

Gary, Remy, I need a refund please. I have waited long enough.

First payment of $91.95 Oct 19 2006

Second payment of $84.95 Jan 29 2007

Total $176.90

Paypal ID: [email protected]

Thank you, Bob

My Reply:

Hi Bob,
We'll be happy to refund your money. I need to transfer some money into my PayPal account, so it won't happen for a few days. Thank you.
Gary Brommeland
Brommeland Gunleather
www.brommelandgunleather.com
P. O. Box 813, Sneedville, TN 37869

His response:

How many days do we need? Sure the bank was closed Sunday. But you still had Friday, Saturday, and today.

I don't know whats going on and I don't really care. You made promises you could'nt keep. I also have two friends with pending orders from you. The three of us have been givin three different reasons why you have'nt delivered on time. So something fishy is going on or your having a real bad string of luck recently. I was patient, nice, and understanding. I waited much longer than I should of. I will not play the waiting game for my money. I need to buy a holster soon. Pay me now and lets move on.

I never complained about you in public or internet forums. So far things have been nice and cordial. Let's keep it that way.

Thanks, Bob

My Reply:

We can keep things as cordial as you will allow. There's nothing "fishy" going on here, and screw you for saying so. Your money will be refunded as soon as a deposit posts to the PayPal account. That takes about three-five BUSINESS days.

His response:

YOU said a "FEW" days!! Five days is NOT a few days.

No, we will keep this as cordial as YOU allow. I could paste your name all over the internet as someone to avoid but I choose not to do so and take a more mature approach to this.

YOU said 8 weeks initially!! Not me! It's been a hell of a lot more than 8 weeks.

So i pissed you off did I? Welcome to what I've put up with from you.

My reply:

Kiss my ass.

Here's the documentation regarding his refund (it occurred 4/5/07, but the PayPal confirmation did not give a date):

Dear Gary Brommeland,

This email confirms that robert knueppel has accepted the $176.90 USD you sent.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Payment Details
----------------------------------------------------------------

Amount: $176.90 USD
Transaction ID: 8VX58051U83156615
Subject: refund
Note: Here's your refund. If you wish to rant and rave further, then do so to PayPal. I do not set their policies.

After receiving his refund, here's another one from ole Big Mouth Bob:

That's the best you got? Go ahead, keep up with insults. I'll do my best to ruin your pathetic business by posting your name anywhere and everywhere. Starting with Combat Carry. Google your name and see how many negative comments there are about you.
By the way, thanks for the refund. Now you can kiss my ass!

My point in posting these emails is simply this : Bob keeps making these wild assertions regarding my having "screwed" him, or some such bull****. These emails show clearly that his money was refunded promptly, and anyone with even a smattering of business knowledge knows that banks operate on "business days", not calendar days. From my viewpoint, he has demonstrated that he is simply very insecure and thought that he might get screwed, so he started a little pissing contest. Once proved wrong by getting his refund, he is not man enough to admit it and let it all go. Instead, by his own admission he is acting immaturely by his attempts at a smear campaign.

The other point I'd like to make is that I was polite and professional up to the point in which he started threatening to smear my name on the 'Net. My rules are simple, if you threaten me, or if you get rude with me - all bets are off and you will get back exactly what you give. If you're professional and well mannered, you'll get professional and well mannered. If you act like an [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color], I can mix it up with the best of 'em.
There never was any hint whatsoever that he would be defrauded of a single cent, and he got the refund that he demanded, and got it in four business days.

Now, to the rest of my "Internet Jurors", I'd like for you to learn the entire story before shooting your mouths off about stuff that you have little or no firsthand knowledge of.
And, If you happen to be a person of Bob's character, I would think that you would be doing both of us a favor by buying your holsters somewhere else. So please, save the "I'm never going to buy a holster from this guy!" speech. If you haven't bought one in the past 23 years, you've proven two things: First, that you probably never would buy one of my holsters anyway. And Secondly, that I can get along just fine if you don't.
Old May 9, 2007, 09:25 PM   #34
BobK

You just don't get it do you Gary. Go back and read my posts or at least try a little harder to comprehend what's being said.

You continually lie to your customers and give them delivery dates that you know can't be met. This has been proven more than once. This is wrong and dishonest.

You also continue to make lame excuses for your inability to deliver your product on a timely basis. Other "reputable" holster makers do not have a problem finding leather.

Yes, I wrote those emails. I'm quite sure you've received many like it from other pissed off customers. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT! It's funny that you choose not to include YOUR last two emails to me. You know. The two were you cussed me out.

As I said before. You keep digging a bigger hole for yourself. You cannot discredit someone who is telling the truth. I have nothing to lose. You do because your business success is due to the internet. It's certainly not from your great customer service. I also have nothing to gain by lieing. All you had to do is refund my money and keep your big mouth shut. But as you've proven here and on other forums, you don't know when to quit.

Once again, YOU LIE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS ABOUT YOUR DELIVERY TIMES THAT YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T MEET AND THEN STRING THEM ALONG FOR AS MUCH AS A YEAR OR MORE!!! THIS IS WRONG. AND WHEN SOMEONE VOICES THEIR DISPLEASURE, YOU ARE A NASTY SOB.
Old May 9, 2007, 09:31 PM   #35
Mal H
Staff

The ranting, raving, cursing and general nastiness has gone on long enough in this thread.

Any further discussion along those lines must be done by email.

Closed.
Closed Thread