The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 5, 2018, 10:57 PM   #1
mccraggen

Smallest/shortest red dot for mounting under a scope

So I’m thinking of mounting a tiny red dot on a pic rail under some especially tall rings, cheap won’t be a problem as it’s a chiappa little badger lol

But I don’t have much height to play with, has anyone seen a really short red dot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old April 6, 2018, 07:30 AM   #2
chris16371

Is a 45 degree mount an option? That way you don't have to raise the height of the scope so much, just slightly turn the gun and your able to use the red dot. If you have room for a red dot you should have room for a 45 degree mount.

For small red dots you have Trijicon RMR, Burris Fast Fire, Vortex Venom, SIG makes one as well. I'm not sure of any good budget versions of these but that's about the smallest your going to get. The 45 degree mount will allow for more budget options since you shouldn't have an issue of the scope being in the way and can choose a little higher red dot if you would like.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited by chris16371; April 6, 2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old April 7, 2018, 07:09 AM   #3
Scoits

I am assuming you are mounting on a rifle—-i used the Burris rings for mounting a scope and they have pic capability on top. So then mounted a Burris Fastfire 3 on top with a Burris mount. Do not have to get down on the stock as low this way.