The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old November 5, 2019, 09:01 PM   #1
Dobe

Bergara Premier Highlander 20” .308

I saw and handled one yesterday. I’m very tempted on this one. Does anyone one this forum have any experience with this model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old November 8, 2019, 08:08 PM   #2
jmr40

I have the B14 Hunter in 6.5 CM if that is close enough. The only difference I can see is a different colored stock and barrel length. The rifle is a virtual clone of a Rem 700 with the 700's shortcomings improved. Scope mounts, triggers, and stocks from a 700 will interchange. The Bergara has a better extractor.

Accuracy is good enough, but not any better than lots of other rifles. Aesthetics are great, it is a good looking rifle, but it is heavier than it needs to be. Not sure why, but it is a fair amount heavier than a comparable 700. Which I can't figure out since it is a clone of the 700. Part of it is the stock, but that can't be all of it.

Winston Churchill
Old November 9, 2019, 10:53 PM   #3
robert1804

I bought one of those a few months ago. I wanted a nicer rifle, and a 308. The HMR pro fills the bill. It's accuracy good but no better than my Howa 20" heavy barrel. The look and feel of the Pro are where it's value is.
Old November 17, 2019, 11:34 PM   #4
Dobe

I made the purchase. I hope to get it to the range soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk