The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old December 10, 2004, 08:53 PM   #1
spacemanspiff

SWAT january sweepstakes

probably a misprint, but the cover of the jan/feb issue says WIN KIMBER TLE/RL, but the pic and description inside show its the regular TLE model, no rails.

second, is the retail value accurate? kimber tle's typically sell around $800, usually less, so is the case of black hills and the hearing muffs worth nearly $1000?
Old December 10, 2004, 09:46 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

I'll let Denny answer the first part.

As to the Retail Value, if it's overstated, I'll make the difference up in cash. That is as it should be.
Rich
Rich Lucibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11, 2004, 04:40 AM   #3
spacemanspiff

if its the RL, the value will be higher. then again, i may be confusing actual selling prices with MSRP.

you're generous Rich, but i wouldnt complain about getting something for nothing, no matter what the retail value is. my momma didnt raise me to be a spoiled fool
Old December 11, 2004, 12:04 PM   #4
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

The RL is not a misprint but an outright mistake on my part and my apologies go out to everyone for any confusion. When we were setting up this month's Sweeps we talked about several guns, including the RL, but settled on the TLE II. I must have checked the table of contents and the Sweeps page ten times to ensure accuracy. Somtimes the most obvious things is what gets overlooked.

As to value, manufacturers give us the MSRP. The TLE II is $950. A case of Black Hills premium ammo is 500 rounds at $369 per. The sweeps includes two cases (1,000 rounds). The balance is made up by the Peltor muffs.

Denny
Denny Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote