The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 10, 2015, 04:50 AM   #1
wileybelch

Ruger 22/45 magazines

Does anybody know if the Ruger Mark II and Mark III 22/45 frame magazines are interchangeable?
Old February 10, 2015, 07:43 AM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

I never looked beyond noting the button to hold the follower down while you load the magazine is on the same side (opposite the Mk I side). E. Arthur Brown sells the same magazine for both, so I think you are probably in luck.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old February 10, 2015, 07:46 PM   #3
Pahoo

I wish !!!

Quote:
Does anybody know if the Ruger Mark II and Mark III 22/45 frame magazines are interchangeable?
Sadly not even close. .....

Be Safe !!!
Old February 11, 2015, 03:28 AM   #4
wileybelch

UncleNick: Check your catalogs more closely. E Arthur Brown shows the 22/45 frame takes different magazines for the Mark II and Mark III variants (at least it appears so when you drill down deep enough to order the item). This type of engineering silliness is turning me off to Ruger products.
Old February 11, 2015, 03:22 PM   #5
Pahoo

It is what it is !!!

Quote:
This type of engineering silliness is turning me off to Ruger products.
You certainly have a right to your measure but it's that synthetic frame on the 22/45 that makes the biggest difference. The 22/45 is actually a different model with "perhaps", a common barrel. Much like other manufacturers. .....

Stay Happy and;
Be Safe !!!
Old February 13, 2015, 03:49 AM   #6
weblance

IF you meant to say... "do the Original style 22/45 and Mark III 22/45 magazines interchange... well sort of. The difference between Original 22/45 magazines and Mark III 22/45 magazines, the Mark III mags have a window near the top of the mag body that a "hump" on the back side of the trigger fits into, to lift the magazine, to make sure its completely seated. If you grind off the "hump" on the back of the Mark III trigger, either mag will work.

The Mark III 22/45 mag is the same as the Mark III mag, but has a different floorplate. The only difference is the floorplate.

There have been different style follower buttons, but they all seem to work across the different pistol variations.

If you actually meant... "Do Mark II magazines work in Mark III 22/45s", the answer is NO. The Mark II was a heel latched magazine, and doesnt have the cutout for the frame mounted magazine latch the Mark III 22/45 needs.

Last edited by weblance; February 13, 2015 at 03:55 AM.

Tags
rhb