The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 12, 2006, 05:06 PM   #1
wacki

Differences .... Gold, Trap, Sport

Teknys comes in 3 different models (Gold, Trap, Sport) and by looking at them I really couldn't tell a difference. Any help here?
Old April 13, 2006, 08:01 PM   #2
mswestfall

I have always assumed that the real difference is the comb shims. Others will probably have a more complete answer but my Trap Urika came with "flatter" comb shims than other Urika's I've seen. Mine came with 40.0, 42,5 and 45.0 mm shims.

I also see the blue and green versions of the Tekny and don't know what they are. I'm told that that's just a color choice.?!

I know other people that have non-Trap 391's that came with shims that have a longer drop at comb and heel.

I'd like to hear from people that can explain if there are non-parallel versions of a Urika AL 391?

I hope I haven't corrupted your thread..... but I've always wanted to know.
Old April 13, 2006, 08:06 PM   #3
BUCKMARK

The GOLD has the green tabs running down the side. It is a field gun with standard choke tubes.

The Gold Sporting has the blue tabs down the side. It is set up for sporting clays and has a set of extended tubes.

The trap model has a adjustable comb and a higher profile rib.

Let's Roll!
Old April 13, 2006, 10:13 PM   #4
wacki

Quote:
The GOLD ..... It is a field gun with standard choke tubes.
Quote:
The Gold Sporting.... It is set up for sporting clays and has a set of extended tubes.
At the shot all versions of new Teknys came with the same choke tubes. They were green ring (improved modified) and twistable chokes.

So unless I'm not understanding you correctly, I don't see how you can be correct. Unless you are talking about the tubes that are included in the case.
Old April 14, 2006, 08:06 AM   #5
BUCKMARK

Maybe Beretta changed the chokes for 2006, if they did, they need to update their website.

My field gun has flush fit tubes, while the Gold Sporting comes with extended sporting clay tubes. Perhaps they changed this for this year, but most hunters dont want a stainless tube sticking out of their barrel shinning in the sun light.

Another difference between the gold and gold sporting is the rib width. 1/4" compared to 10mm.

Let's Roll!