The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 26, 2015, 04:48 PM   #101
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Big Shortage. Not for me during the 2000s. I learned long time before the 2000s shortage dates. "Always buy more than I'll ever need when given the chance."_ If I didn't someone else would. It's not greedy to do so. I see my buying behavior and theirs too as >just being practical.
Old May 26, 2015, 07:47 PM   #102
Mike Irwin
Staff

That pathetic attempt at backdoor gun control will never make it out of committee.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:24 PM   #103
Machineguntony

If 22 ever goes back to $10/brick, I'm gonna buy myself a closet full of Norrel conversions and blast like a million rounds. When I was a kid, I was fascinated by the machine gun BB game at the carnival. Note: that game is crooked and can't ever be won. Don't play it.

Ah, the old days...
Old May 27, 2015, 04:36 AM   #104
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machineguntony
If 22 ever goes back to $10/brick
The good 'ol days are gone forever. There is greedy and sick amounts of money to be made on selling/scalping ammo in this day and age of political government gun vendettas. We are and always will be our own worst enemy when it comes to buying based upon emotional fear and stupidity from false perceived ammo "panics".

Last edited by Road_Clam; May 27, 2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old May 27, 2015, 08:23 AM   #105
F. Guffey

Shortage: I never experienced a shortage. Someone calls and says they need information or they need help or they need parts, not a problem. When finished they always ask: "What do you need? and or "What are you looking for?

Earlier this months I was putting an order in to Brownells, it got expensive real fast, I made a call. the man said he had at least 11 of them complete with all the supporting equipment/cast. He needed cases and ammo, the difficult part was the 375 H&H cases, he insisted on head stamps that read 375 H&H meaning forming the cases was not an option. I found the cases and he needed a tumbler, we will trade tumblers. His would shut off after running for less than an hour.

F. Guffey
Old May 28, 2015, 11:17 PM   #106
surveyor

I learned that 6 mm components and brass were made from unicorn tears.
Old May 29, 2015, 01:25 AM   #107
Bongo Boy

Senators can be fired. I never knew that.