The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old May 20, 2020, 01:33 AM   #1
Skarekrow88

AMD-65 zeroing issue

So I bought an AMD-65 clone built by TGI on a nodak spud receiver from classic firearms for $550. Everything seemed to be good to go with it until I got it to the range and found that the point of impact was so far left that it was off the paper. Only after I moved the front sight post ALL the way left was it on paper and below is the group.

https://imgur.com/8T1ENKM

The only solution I was able to think of was to buy and install a RPK windage adjustable rear sight to get it zeroed. If anyone thinks this is the best course of action or has any other better ideas I am all ears. Thanks.
Old May 20, 2020, 05:22 PM   #2
bfoosh006

A reply from another forum.

"This is a common problem with the AMD series rifles. I have built several of them and the front sight has always been a problem with the parts kits.
What you will need to do is to knock out the front sight pins and leave them out for now.
Go to the range and sight in at 100 yards ( 200 yards is much better) Make sure the sight is centered in the ears. Fire at least three shots from the bench at your target. Take a plastic hammer and move the sight over until you are hitting the center of your target. Once you have done this mark the sight tower and barrel for this new zero. Have a COMPETENT gun smith re-drill the pin holes. Your good to go. "

And another thread...

http://www.warriortalk.com/archive/i...p/t-43922.html