The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 14, 2009, 11:40 PM   #1
Kyo

Stone Mountain

Tonight I went to Stone Mountain Park loaded, and went up to 2 park policemen like I was under the impression of and told them so because I believed that was the procedure. They cracked a smile, told me they appreciated me coming forward and explained the real procedure. Apparently, you have to get your CCW license and regular license copied, fill out paper work and then call ahead.
Well, then they said I couldn't have it anyway because of the laser show. This show made it a public event. They checked my permit, and were really cool about it. Even said they would watch the car after for thieves.
Lesson is, when you accidentally screw up, people will let you fix it for no grief. I had a great time
Old June 15, 2009, 12:38 AM   #2
grey sky

OR

You could have been thrown to the ground kicked in the face and chared with "resisting" or what ever to up the anti..... Never can predict the response. Glad it worked out for ya though.