The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 4, 2012, 02:08 AM   #1
AZAK

Location: the object towards which the action of the sea is directed
Vltor Fortis... anyone...?

OK, it has been awhile since I have heard anyone talking about the Vltor Fortis or it maybe possibly actually being manufactured and showing up anywhere.

Has anyone heard anything about this? Does anyone even care anymore? I seem to remember a few, "I am saving up and waiting for the Fortis" comments from literally years gone by now (and some even before it had a name!)

How many out there are still holding on to that thread of hope? Or has this all just merely been a bad dream?

Now, go figure...
Old October 4, 2012, 05:00 AM   #2
dayman

According to Wikipedia they ditched the name "fortis" after they got rights to the name "bren ten" in 2009.
The last update I could find on Viltor Weapons Systems page was july 2011, but they were hoping to have it ready to go to market "as soon as possible".
Old October 4, 2012, 07:30 AM   #3
Lead shooter

I gave up on them awhile back. I'd be surprised if it's anything but vaporware.
Old October 4, 2012, 11:40 AM   #4
RickB

The mood is pretty grim at the Bren Ten forum. The latest word from Vltor, is that they will announce, before the end of 2012, when the Fortis/Bren Ten will go into production.
There has never been even a hint, from Vltor, that they intend to pull the plug on the project, but each missed "deadline" serves to convince some people that it will never appear.
I sold four guns in the Spring of 2010, since the gun was supposed to hit the market in May, dealers were taking deposits, etc., but Vltor supposedly had insufficient production capacity to make both Brens, and all the AR parts and accessories that were in high demand. With the U.S. military commitment winding down in the desert(s), we'll see what happens.
Old October 5, 2012, 02:21 PM   #5
The_Shadow

Smoke & Mirrors

I will say there is a customer base for the Bren Ten if VLTOR ever desides to produce the product. However the people will be skeptible of quality and reliability based on the all the missed delivery dates and lack of truthful info surrounding this pistol's reincarnation.

Those of us who are the true and died in the wool 10mm entusiast and have been into 10mm since its inception aren't getting any younger to take full advantage if ever they come to market...

I don't place any more faith or hope based on everything I have seen and heard!