The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 6, 2017, 04:21 PM   #2051
4V50 Gary
Staff

Hello Wayne from RI.
Old March 7, 2017, 11:24 PM   #2052
robs677

Hi,

I am from Canada, I lived in Michigan during my childhood. My interest in shooting and arms from my dad. I have won several trophies and medals in shooting. I am glad to be here.
Old March 9, 2017, 08:21 AM   #2053
EternalKnight

Greetings TFL from N GA mountains

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of all this wise council even the wise guys that add a little humor. I am retired from the Navy and then from a County government position. I have owned and sho guns most of my life and target practice several times a month. Hope to meet you in the forum discussions.
Old March 10, 2017, 09:51 AM   #2054
Iggypoppop

Newbie with a beowulf issue

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum to seek help with an issue. I've purchased the Alexander arms beowulf .50 back in october 16' and they shipped it to me broken, multiple issues buy let's just say it was not a semi auto. I shipped it back and asked for my money back but of course was turned down. They said they would fix it and give it back within 2 weeks. I got it back in feburary and shot it last week and the gun is still in not working condition (also in NOT semi auto form). This time I was having to hand load each bullet for each shot. Bolt was ceasing and not catching the ammo on reload. In my opinion my gun is "shot". Alexander arms refused to refund me the money yet again and I am stuck having to send it back to their workshop so they can try again to fix a brand new gun that doesn't work for the second time. I purchased the gun fully assembled by them so I would not have problems but instead I am having more issues with both Alexander arms and the beo. I'm frustrated. How can I get rid of this gun without being out a chunk of my hard earned cash??
Old March 10, 2017, 10:18 AM   #2055
The Kingfish

Hi everyone. I'm 52 years old and from the great lakes state of Michigan.
I own 3 revolvers and one semi-auto and am relatively new to the world of guns. I hope I can contribute in some small way to this excellent gun forum.
Old March 13, 2017, 03:23 PM   #2056
Quartermaster

Hello TFL Family

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I've been hovering around this forum for quite some time and thought today was a good day to bite the bullet (pun intended) and join TFL. My shooting ability is emm...humbling to say the least but I thoroughly enjoy ever opportunity I can get to shoot. I'm very glad to be part of a community that shares my enthusiasm and I look forward to future discussions with you!

Peace,
Quartermaster
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many, to so few - Churchill
Old March 14, 2017, 06:03 PM   #2057
ToolAA

Hello all I'm a new member from Maryland. I discovered your group through another member of Maryland Shooters which has been my go to 2A/Firearms information group.

After reading some quality posts I think there is a lot that your community had to offer. So here I am.

I participate in local NRA Highpower service rifle matches. Enjoy reloading. Plan on taking part in some long range shooting to 1000yds this summer and general AR armoring.

I like building my own things including a small bench-top CNC machine which I've used to finish an 80% lower for a 300BO. 3D printed jigs and fixtures and built a wireless range target cam.

Looking forward to learning and participating and I'm willing to share what I've learned.
Old March 19, 2017, 01:09 PM   #2058
Deerhunt

Hi I'm from Michigan and joined to get some information on a 257 roberts and I got what I wanted and more. I'm 13 and have been hunting since it was legal. I have a collection of 6 guns hoping to make it 7 with a 257 roberts!
Old March 30, 2017, 12:40 PM   #2059
Snipe

Hello everyone
I'm from new freedom pa I love to hunt and shoot. I just got into reloading ammo for my 308 and 22-250. My pass time by shooting ground hogs at the farm until deer season kicks in. I'm happy to be part of the firing line. I am sure I will have a lot of question about reloading.

Thanks
Peyton
Old March 31, 2017, 11:42 AM   #2060
wbbh

Hello from South Carolina. A long time shooting enthusiasts and reloader. Mostly modern pistols and rifles, however I recently added a charcoal burning flintlock pistol and a percussion rifle. I also enjoy the NSSF Rimfire Challenge.
Old April 16, 2017, 04:34 PM   #2061
Tc806

Looking for help.... Found more things to need help with!

Hello TFL... I'm from small town Texas, but well traveled. I'm 39, and have a small but growing collection of hand guns and rifles. I'm still trying to find my flavor, I guess one could say.. I do enjoy reading all the info I have see on here so far, thanks for posting.
I did join, in seach of a specific answer though. I'm at a dead end. Any help is appreciated. About 5 years ago, in far East Texas, I had a handgun stolen from my truck. I filed with the police, and had all documentation. I since relocated multiple times. But got a call about a year ago, from the east Texas P.D, and they said my gun had been recovered in San Antonio. After multiple calls, I was finally put in touch with this awesome lady detective in the burglary division, who was in charge of the case. The gun was fired in a robbery, and I have been in email communication with the detective atleast 8 times over the year, waiting on multiple delays in the hearings, etc. I believe the final case was decided in March, but I think the detective has had enough of me or is really busy, as her response time has grown, and is gone to, "I'll get back to you".

I want my gun back. I am also the victim, and they have something of mine.

But, no one else seems to care.i feel as though I have been patient, and if the case is complete, I want to see what my options are. All I have on the case is the case #, but I have all the info on the gun.

I live about 10 hours from San Antonio now, is it possible to have a police department like that ship it somewhere or would I have to go get it? Any ideas who to talk to so I don't have to bother the detective anymore? Any direction is appreciated!
Old April 16, 2017, 10:53 PM   #2062
CalmerThanYou

Hello TFL

Greetings from Titletown.
I will not bore you with a lengthy bio, I like punching holes into paper and the sound of pings on metal from a distance.
I look forward to the knowledge offered here and hopefully I can contribute a thing or two. Thanks, Jeff
Old April 17, 2017, 02:26 PM   #2063
Equin

Howdy from Texas!

Hi Folks,

Although I've shot a few firearms in my late teens, I hadn't really gotten into the shooting sports until much later in life (late 40's and early 50's). Trying to learn as much as I can at this point, and I hope to be able to contribute on this very informative forum.
Old April 21, 2017, 12:10 PM   #2064
StickSixBang

Howdy forum folks,

New to the forum, not new to shooting, but there's always a lot more to learn. I currently enjoy many disciplines of shooting, pistols, rifles, and shotguns. Just getting into long range which is interesting and fun. Currently a CA resident but we're planning our move to a free state probably next spring/summer so I'm excited about that. Looks like a lot of good info here!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old April 29, 2017, 09:10 AM   #2065
huntinhog

New Beeee To Forum

I thought I was doing pretty good when Mossberg sent me a parts list schematic. For my OLD 12 GA. 500
As it turned out I need a gunsmith licence to purchase the [2] silly little springs and the [2] extractors. Any suggestions? TKS, Huntinhog
Old May 2, 2017, 09:35 AM   #2066
HoustonBob

As you can probably guess from my Screen Name I live in Houston Texas. I'm a retired NASA contract electronics engineer and a Vietnam vet - although all I did over there was count boxes, and type up documentation on them.
Old May 11, 2017, 09:24 PM   #2067
Darkparadigm

Hello!

Happy to be on the forums, I'm a USPSA shooter and a soon to be firearms instructor. Excited to learn all I can!
Old May 20, 2017, 08:41 PM   #2068
bdeloa01

Another New guy struggling with 1st batch of hand loads.

My name is Brian. Just got into handloading. Shooting 308.
Old May 23, 2017, 04:34 AM   #2069
Unique

I live in Central Texas. I'm a gun fanatic. Don't know if I shoot to reload or reload to shoot. Been shooting all my life and reloading for last maybe 23 years but still learn new things from time to time.
Thanks for having me.
Old May 25, 2017, 05:32 PM   #2070
Ricekila

Well -- I've arrived --

Ya-know how you've been with a forum for years - and newbies chime in with one or two questions - then disappear

I plan on not being one of them -- but a question did help me find this place

Anyway -- NRA life member / armorer for S.A.F.E here on Crap-Island / NRA rifle & shotgun instructor / active member of our Women on Target" - basic safety classes which we run for free for the women folk / I recently joined the Boy Scouts - Venturing for their shooting activities / 69-71 Army - 101st. Airborne outta Dodge City - DG-CC - E-7 / shoe size 11 & 1/2 / and a Mosin Nagant fanatic

And -- C & R FFL-03

"Hi" gang

P/S -- a Long Island Jew w/ guns

Last edited by Ricekila; May 25, 2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old June 6, 2017, 04:33 PM   #2071
TNCO

New boot

Hello everyone.
Just an old firearm enthusiast sayin' hi from the midwest. Hope you all are doing well. I currently hold a concealed carry permit and shoot regularly at a local indoor range. Cheers
Old June 8, 2017, 10:15 PM   #2072
Rocketgrrl

Howdy there from the Florida Space Coast! Longtime gun enthusiast and avid shooter. I also enjoy archery. Wanted to meet some like minded people, so here I am!
Old June 14, 2017, 12:17 AM   #2073
Augo1754

Hello everyone, my name is John, i'm 54 yrs old and a widow, i've been a gunsmith for little over a yr and a half, someone's help is greatly appreciated, thank you John/Augo
Old June 15, 2017, 08:36 AM   #2074
SanchoPanza

Hey, y'all.

Hey, y'all from Dixie's Land.

Rudyard Kipling The Betrothed
Old June 15, 2017, 08:38 AM   #2075
zipspyder

Hey, been a member on AR15 for a while but decided to spread my wings as there is a lot of good information on these forums as well. Avid hunter and shooter from the midwest.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent