The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old July 30, 2006, 11:04 PM   #101
shureshot0471

Buddy stalking deer in Texas nope not gona happen in most cases. The people that do it have been hunting the land for years. Art has talked about this propetry before and sounds if he knows it well. Another reason is due to the fact of the brush you are hunting in is probaly gone be shorter than you or to thick to walk. Texas hunting is much more had than most people think it is not just walk up to a stand see feeder go off and deer run up, its just not tyhat simple especaily where I am in east Texas.
- Ted Nugent
Old July 31, 2006, 01:00 AM   #102
Anthony Terry

im always down for something new. east hunting would be, climbing steep mountains and across ridges. straight down other mountains. across rocks and creeks. into the deep woods. i stalk hunt this countryside and have become more then efficient at it, especially considering my young age. i know if i had someone out west to hunt with that knows the place that i could fight the thicket with the best of them. eastern hunting isnt the joyride that some westerners think it is. its -degree numbers where i hunt in late blackpowder season.
im very interested in hunting texas, but i dont wanna go in blind. it would be like one of you guys coming over here to hunt. each of us could learn alot from each other. ill take all the learning i can get. im going to try to get into texas in a year or 2. i will be needing all the help i can get when i come because i dont wanna hunt private ranches. id rather hunt state property and national land, or whatever its called down there. i dont have 5k to spend, just want to buy a nonres. and find someone to hunt with.
i see exactly what youre saying art. texas is so big theres probably places never seen by man. if you need a hunting buddy sometime gimme a yell though. like i said, ill bring the women!