The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old December 12, 2008, 01:14 AM   #1
B.A.

threat levels

So,

What is the recommended caliber for threat level "Peeved" and what do I pack in my bug-out bag?

***The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved."

Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross."

Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out.

Terrorists have been re-categorised from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance."

The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the great fire of London in 1666.

Also, the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide."

The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate."

The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralysing the country's military capability.

It's not only the English and French that are on a heightened level of alert.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing."

Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans also increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs."

They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual, and the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy.

These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.***

(Disclaimer: I realise this might be just a wee bit off topic, but I figured it might be good for a laugh. Also, I'm not English, by the way.)

Last edited by B.A.; December 12, 2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old December 12, 2008, 01:26 AM   #2
Rich Miranda

After I read your post, I sooooo wanted to reply with "IBTL!" but that would be childish.
Old December 12, 2008, 12:07 PM   #3
Delaware_Dan

Quote:
After I read your post, I sooooo wanted to reply with "IBTL!"
You allready did. And me too. IBTL
Old December 12, 2008, 12:53 PM   #4
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
(Disclaimer: I realise this might be just a wee bit off topic, but I figured it might be good for a laugh.
We all like a good laugh, B.A.... as long as it's on topic .

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread