The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 8, 2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Hansam

MidwayUSA

So after a severe let down by Taurus Customer Service I said screw it and ordered two Wilson's extractors for my Taurus PT1911AR from MidwayUSA Monday afternoon. According to their website I was supposed to receive the extractors on 3/12/12. I checked my mailbox this morning and to my surprise the extractors had arrived already! I put one in and was off to the range to test out the 1911.

500 rounds later I came home happy and satisfied. The gun functioned flawlessly and was deadly accurate.

I just wanted to give a shout out here for MidwayUSA and their extremely fast shipping. I've ordered from them several times a year (I get all my reloading supplies from them) and they've always been very fast to ship. Their customer service is excellent too - I've rarely had to deal with them but the few times I have dealt with them they've remedied my problems quickly and painlessly.

I'd never hesitate to do business with them and I just want to let you all know that I believe they're a great source for firearms needs.
Old March 9, 2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Rifleman1776

If you don't mind their high prices, extraordinarily high shipping charges and additional fees, I guess you will be happy with them.
I used to buy a lot from Midway but now go where the costs are more competitive. My only loyalty is to my pocketbook.
Old March 9, 2012, 09:41 AM   #3
Don P

I am only using Mid-Way as a last resort for ordering parts/supplies.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old March 9, 2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Hansam

I haven't found their shipping costs to be absurdly high.

Shipping for my extractors cost $3.85 and the extractors were not higher than I've found elsewhere. Well ok there were a couple of sites with lower prices but shipping costs were higher so it all equaled out.

If you do have places with lower costs and the same kind of prompt shipping and customer service please share.

I spend a lot of money every year on reloading supplies and gun parts and would love to save money but also want the same kind of great service that MidwayUSA has provided me thus far.
Old March 9, 2012, 11:02 PM   #5
LockedBreech

I'm a big fan of Midway apart from shipping.
Old March 10, 2012, 06:57 AM   #6
Cascade1911

My main complaint with Midway is their lack of stock. What is the sense of sending me this huge catalog if every time I want to order something virtually half of what I want is back ordered. Wouldn't be so bad if I could place an order and have them wait until everything is in but apparently that is beyond their ability.