The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 27, 2019, 01:19 PM   #26
MagnumWill

For those that are still reading, here is a fantastic article about the differences between QPQ nitride and chrome-lined bores:

https://faxonfirearms.com/blog/frequ...-chrome-lined/

Long story short, QPQ nitride (when done properly) is becoming superior to chrome-lined bores in almost all instances, save for sustained full-automatic fire. In regards to accuracy, I have both style barrels and both of them can easily shoot sub-MOA when given the right ammo and basic magnification.

For all my follow-up builds I'll probably use Ballistic Advantage Hansen barrels. My CHF CL PSA barrel is fantastic, but equivalent (if not a teensy bit hetter) performance for a lower price is always a better option.
Old February 27, 2019, 10:04 PM   #27
Smokeeater528

From personal experience with all, I would take the FN over the Windham for the 16, and the Colt for the 20.
Old February 28, 2019, 06:42 AM   #28
Metal god

Im still new to the understanding of done right . I know many ways a chrome lining can be wrong or not done well . How is a nitride done wrong or right and what is the issue if done wrong ?

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .