The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 16, 2018, 06:04 PM   #1
ed308

Labradar App....

Looks like the Labradar App is about to be released. They posted this on their Facebook page today....

https://www.facebook.com/mylabradar/...INwncE&fref=nf
Old May 16, 2018, 06:37 PM   #2
reddog81

Looks interesting. I've had problems starting a new series on the unit. Hopefully the iPhone interface will be easier to use.
Old May 17, 2018, 06:51 AM   #3
Doublehelix3216

Wow. About time! Fingers crossed that they actually release it this time!!!
Old May 17, 2018, 07:33 AM   #4
PhillySoldier

New labradar owner here. So far at least I havent had any problems navigating the settings right on the chrono itself. I didnt see anything in the app video that I cant already do.
Old May 17, 2018, 07:47 AM   #5
ed308

From what I've read, the App will have the same controls as the Labradar unit. So, the App will be able to control the unit. I like that for times where the Labradar is further away and display is hard to read. Or if using an iPad, you can have a larger display.
Old May 17, 2018, 11:30 AM   #6
Unclenick
Staff

It may address some triggering issues on the rifle bench by letting you put the unit out on a tripod a few inches ahead of the muzzle, where you can't easily reach it, to ensure the muzzle blast can trigger it.

Incidentally, when I bought my Pressure Trace I bought a copy of RSI Shooting Lab software with it. Since RSI now carries the Labradar, they have upgraded the software to take the Labradar text data files and find BC's and drag functions for your bullet from them. It's not hard to get BC's from free online software (JBM Ballistics), but calculating drag coefficients to create a bullet's drag function takes a little math and physics, so this may be more convenient for those not comfortable with doing that.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle