The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old November 1, 2010, 04:03 PM   #1
BombthePeasants

Haltom City RPC CMP rifle matches

I really want to shoot a match, I've never done so. My only issue is that the website states that matches go from 12:30-5:30! Are all CMP rifle matches that long? My wife would have a conniption fit if I was gone for 6 hours for a shooting match...
Old November 1, 2010, 08:43 PM   #2
ACP230

Old November 1, 2010, 09:59 PM   #3
kraigwy

That depends, if its a full CMP match (meaning 200 yards) you should have pit duty. Besides your shooting relay, you have a relay of scoring and pit service. Some have three relays, Shooting, scoring, pits, some have four, two relays on the line shooting and scoring, and two in the pits.

If it s a 100 yard reduced target match, then it depends on the number of competitors and targets available. Sometimes you can get by with two relays and it goes pretty quick.

Best thing to do it call the match director and see. Sometimes, if you have a CMP GSM MI, they have a clinic before the match. I like to combine Clinics and Matches.

When I run into that problems I send the wife out shopping. A new dress wipes out a 6 hour match.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071