The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old January 10, 2006, 11:04 PM   #26
Blackwater OPS

update-reply from botach

I really appreciate your concern. We had some problems
with our employees before that is why we had numerous
complaints. We have hired some new poeple and things
are going positive this time and we are trying to
correct the mistakes now. Let me know if you need
anything and I'll happy to assist you.

Thanks.

Marc
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Someone set us up the bunny!
(")_(")
Old January 11, 2006, 07:30 AM   #27
Chris Cullen

If management stuffs up then you sack everyone beneath you... blame the little guys.... typical.

Chris Cullen
Old January 11, 2006, 01:45 PM   #28
bdc

Some day, just drive by the location in Los Angeles. When you see the neighborhood, you come to a quick understanding about who is hired, why, and how much they are paid. I have done business with the company despite the knowledge that it makes a lot of mistakes. If you are frustrated by a company that makes routine and horrendous mistakes, then just don't deal with it.
Old January 11, 2006, 11:59 PM   #29
PUMC_TomG

I too have had horrid experiences with Botach and will never deal with them again. I'd gladly pay more from a quality vendor, then save a little bit of cash by ordering from Botach... never knowing when or if the product will arrive.
Old January 18, 2006, 11:42 PM   #30
AkAkman

Chalk me up in the bad experiences category also. Seems to be quite a growing list.
Old January 19, 2006, 09:46 AM   #31
STLRN

Quote:
The military issues them for combat use. When I was in Iraq, I stuffed a regular earplug in my door-side ear and kept the other one free to hear the radio, my LT, the others in the truck, etc. I decided to use the "combat earplugs" last week at a convoy live-fire range. I was acting as a safety and sitting on top of one of our gun trucks making sure the SAW gunner up there stayed within the range limits. From about four or five feet away, I was deafened by the first burst from the SAW. I recoiled in pain so badly I almost fell off the roof of the damn truck. Those things are junk. I'm thinking of getting some of those electronic ear plugs from Walker when I go for "the IZinterrogator Sandbox Tour Part II" (actually Part V if you count Kuwait rotations before OIF happened).
I actually wore a CAEP in Iraq in my right ear while my left ear was covered with a PRR while doing both foot and mounted patrols. From what I could tell, it worked pretty well, of course the yellow side didn't work as well as the brown, but it was enough that I didn't have a ringing in my right ear after shooting or having a frag go off on the other side of a berm from me.

You really need to lube them with saliva prior to putting them in your ears, since unlike the old style plugs there is not a insertion tool.
Old February 16, 2006, 11:09 PM   #32
theinvisibleheart

bad experiences

I've ordered stuff from them on and off successfully till last year. Then, last year, I placed an order for GG&G mount for EOtech. They immediately charged it, but after 1 month and 2-3 weeks, I had still received nothing so I contacted the cc company for a refund. Then Botach shipped the item!

After I returned the item, Mark/collections guy started calling me, insinuating that I intentionally filed for a refund in order to keep the item without having paid for it.

I wrote a letter to the owner of the company, but it only ended up on Mark's (Botach collection man) desk. Mark called me up to tell me that he was not rude in insinuating that I had tried to defraud the cc company and Botach.

Talk about the kettle calling teapot black! I would NOT trust a word by the owners and/or managers of the company.

--John
Old February 19, 2006, 12:18 AM   #33
Blackwater OPS

Yeah, they suck. FYI, check the better business site- I'm guessing you have to be pretty bad to get an "F":barf:
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13117095
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(")_(")
Old February 19, 2006, 03:58 AM   #34
Rimrock

Worst online experience ever! I ordered several of one item. After two weeks without any info or product, I e-mailed them. I received no replies so I continued to e-mail them everyday for a period of a week. Finally I got a reply which briefly stated the order was shipped. No date or addy...... just "shipped". I finally received the products but what was really bizarre is my CC wasn't charged for a period of 3 days after receiving the products. I never felt they were dishonest just incompetent and unresponsive.

Never again!
Old February 27, 2006, 09:04 PM   #35
PROSOUTH

BUMP

Botach
Understands
My
Pain
:barf:
something. What I can do, I should,
and with the help of God, I WILL !
United, we make one Helluva Flame!
“LET’S ROLL !”

Last edited by PROSOUTH; February 27, 2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old March 2, 2006, 04:39 AM   #36
dgludwig

If I'd have seen this thread first, I would never have ordered from this outfit, but I did'nt and I did. Ordered a 5.11 tactical jacket for 39.99 (everybody else were asking 99.99 at the time). Received it three days later, correct size and everything. That said, the kind of damage negative feed-back incurs is best reflected in the reluctance I would have in ordering through them again, despite my positive experience.
Old March 2, 2006, 05:50 AM   #37
GlocksRfun

I ordered a bunch of glock paraphanalia. Free shipping over $100. At first, they charged my card. The next day I looked and it wasn't charged. I waited 3 days, the online order part had a status box and had no status. I called and talked to someone that didn't sound happy to hear from me. She said they'd ship it today if it's in stock. 2 days later I had a Status of being shipped. For me, it didn't hit my credit card till it shipped. It took 2 weeks from order till I got it.. $15 glock mags. $24 33 rounders. $40 scherer high caps.. I had to do it and I'll do it again. Optical Serenity told me next time to call and make sure it's in stock before I order online. He seems to know the way.
Old March 3, 2006, 11:07 AM   #38
ddskehan

they've given me the shaft to.
Old March 3, 2006, 04:23 PM   #39
Blackwater OPS

It seems they now wait to charge credit cards until an item ships, probably due to intense complaints from people who were charged for things they never got.
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

(\__/)
(")_(")
Old May 9, 2007, 08:16 PM   #40
Parabellum9

I think this thread needs a bump..

Well I had a problem with botach here recently, first I had to fight them to get them to fill the order and when I finally got them to send it out I guess they forgot to charge me for it. (Wrong items anyways...) And now I'm getting letters threaten to send collections for the $30 they forgot to charge me.
I just sent an email out to hopefully get this resolved, but how the heck can they get collections on me for something they forgot to do? It sounds like someone there needs the $30 deducted from their pay.

:barf:
Old May 20, 2007, 01:53 PM   #41
FirstFreedom

Well that's weird and too bad...I had absolutely positive experience with Botach.... smokin deal and fast shipping. Couldn't get any better for me. But, guess I was just lucky.
Old May 22, 2007, 02:12 AM   #42
Samuel2001

Hi guys! Did y'all know the "Shallom in the Home" TV show rabbi is the brother of "BK", the guy that owns Botach Tactical! Yeah "BK's" name is BK Botach And his bro is Shmuley Botach.

Ah, well I just thought it to be funny the one brother teaches values and is trying to help people on TV while the other is... :barf:
Well, you know what I mean!

Build a bridge, and...GET OVER IT!
Old May 22, 2007, 03:49 AM   #43
SteelCore

Quote:
Hi guys! Did y'all know the "Shallom in the Home" TV show rabbi is the brother of "BK", the guy that owns Botach Tactical! Yeah "BK's" name is BK Botach And his bro is Shmuley Botach.
Actually, that Rabbi's name is Shmuley Boteach. But it's possibly they just spell it slightly differently for whatever reason.

Anyway, I just saw this thread and am rather shocked, as my experiences with Botach have been unproblematic. Apparently I've been very lucky. Clearly there's a major problem if this many people are complaining and the Better Business Bureau gave them an F!
Old May 22, 2007, 01:06 PM   #44
Parabellum9

I have been ordering from them for years for my self and others that did not want to take the risk and this is the first I have had problems, the problems are bad enough how ever to prevent me from ordering again from them.

What pisses me off is I can’t get through on the phone and nobody answers my emails. First little bit I started thinking it was just one of those emails trying to trick me into giving them my cc info but sure enough they did not charge me for it.
I don’t need collections making a blip on my good credit just because some stupid company made a mistake. :barf:
Old May 28, 2007, 06:47 PM   #45
Grin Reaper

I have ordered from Botach once and it was the worst purchase experience of my 37 years. I will never order from Botach and will actively campaign to keep others from purchasing from them.
Old May 28, 2007, 08:41 PM   #46
Plink

Count me among those who are unhappy with Botach.. My experience was a couple years back. I ordered a set of boots that never arrived. The company was totally unresponsive to my communications. I finally insisted they cancel the order. Again, no response of any kind. I just kept an eye on my credit card statements to make sure they didn't charge me. That is NOT how to deal with customers. I will never do business with them again. I went on to spend hundreds of dollars with their competitors. I'm glad to see this thread and know that I'm not alone in my experiences with them.
Old May 28, 2007, 08:47 PM   #47
allenomics

You've already done a lot; given us all fair warning. Thanks. If you paid by credit card, report the activity to VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express, etc. and refuse payment. Return the item.
Old May 28, 2007, 11:34 PM   #48
XDHANDSTER

Steering Away Too!

I will not be doing any business with Botach in the future.

Thanks for reviving this thread and helping us all get clued in to their continued poor business practice.

Old February 5, 2009, 02:57 PM   #49
protectedbyglock

Just want to bump this old dead horse one more time....

Botach sucks...plain and simple.

I ordered a couple of magazines from them about 2 months ago. They charged my card, sent me an order confirmation....then nothing.

5 weeks later, I called. No answer. Called again, no answer. Call #3, I got put on hold for almost 30mins. The woman says that my order was cancelled.
That's it. Looked at my bank account statement, and at least they refunded my $75.
No contact, no nothing.

I should have looked around at all the negative feedback ALL OVER the web about this place. I wouldn't have wasted my time with these clowns.
Old February 5, 2009, 03:27 PM   #50
gobm667

really bad

same problems ordered something said it shipped waited a week i had to call them and they told me it was back ordered!!! not professionals!!!