The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 17, 2020, 07:35 PM   #1
Brutus

p365xl Romeo Zero sight

Is it worth the money?
Old February 18, 2020, 06:51 AM   #2
kingrider

Just bought the gun with the sight already installed. It’s been 100% so far.
Old February 22, 2020, 04:29 PM   #3
Brutus

Have had my standard P365 with the manual safety for awhile now.
Like the gun so much I've decided to get the XL also now that they are available with the manual safety.

Found a local GS with 3 in stock, drove 35 miles to get there only to find out they aren't available with the Romeo sight. Anyone know when this model will be available with the safety and the sight?
Old February 22, 2020, 06:45 PM   #4
TunnelRat

Ideally you’d leave it on, so the on/off switch being awkward I don’t see as a big deal. Whether it would hold up to say a drop or being used to rack a pistol is another question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old February 23, 2020, 07:47 AM   #5
OhioGuy

It's supposed to be motion activated, right? So once you've turned the sight on, do you ever actually have to manually turn the sight on again? From what I've read on Sig's site and a few reviews, it sounds like the sight just "sleeps" when you've parked it in a safe or wherever, and comes on again when it moves.

I believe Sig is only shipping the preinstalled dots as 3 MOA. In my experience with red dots, 6 MOA is far better for fast target acquisition, and especially in dim conditions a 3 MOA sight can be difficult to pick up sometimes.

I have a 3 MOA sight on my Walther PPS (Shield RMS-c) and wish the dot were larger. But other than that the sight has worked flawlessly.
Old February 23, 2020, 07:52 AM   #6
TunnelRat

p365xl Romeo Zero sight

Yes. I have a Holosun that is motion activated. If it doesn’t move then it essentially goes to sleep. The slightest movement brings the dot back (I can’t discern any lag in the dot coming on either).

I have a 3 MOA dot in my Type II RMR and have tried 6 MOA dots. When I want a larger dot I turn up the brightness, which causes the dot to bloom, for lack of a better word, and makes it easier to see. It’s still not as large as a 6 MOA dot, but it’s also very bright at that point and pretty easy to pick up in bright or dark conditions. I’ve tried 6 MOA dots and while very obvious, at distance they cover a lot of the target (though 6 MOA and irons are still fine enough to get very good hits). I can see why people would like either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk