The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 30, 2012, 12:16 PM   #26
Starting_Out

Whether they are worthless or not, they are pretty much the only organization that has a possibility of making an impact. Also, even if the organization is worthless I feel if their membership numbers and donations have a huge spike it could be a strong signal to any on the fence politicians as to the feelings of their pro-firearm constituents. I would rather try something that didn't work than try nothing at all.
Old December 30, 2012, 12:32 PM   #27
Glenn E. Meyer

The pundits arguing today that new AWB laws won't happen all cite the 4 million members of a major organization.

Which one is that?
Old December 30, 2012, 09:56 PM   #28
wizrd

NRA WORTHLESS ?? The club I belong to has received grants from the NRA that total around $ 12,000.00 - These grants were used for range & safety improvement, & shooting equipment for a youth group of air-rifle shooters we sponsor for kids 12 to 18 years of age. If you don't know anything about the NRA, -- get involved. Don't just bad-mouth them as 'useless' because you may be too cheap to send them a few bucks.

It's good to see so many guys here getting on-board with some donations. Yes, there's gonna be a fight, and yes, they're gonna need our help....not only the NRA, but all of the pro-gun organizations could use our support.

Have I donated to the NRA, yes, but I have gotten back from them much more than I ever donated. The grants made to our club will serve new shooters long after I'm gone, and I want my grandchildren & great grandchildren & YOURS to have the opportunity to enjoy the shooting sports as we have all of our lives.
Old January 3, 2013, 03:39 PM   #29
DaleA

Well, paid off the Christmas bill (the first wave anyway) looked at what was left and sent off a donation to the NRA-ILA.

www.nraila.org

Let's not forget the REAL action on this issue is just STARTING. Let's make sure our side has our support.

I hope it helps.
Old January 3, 2013, 07:09 PM   #30
C Philip

I didn't realize NRA member dues didn't help support the NRA-ILA, thanks for the heads up. You're right, this is a much better way to spend some money than buying overpriced ammo and magazines at this point.
Old January 3, 2013, 07:44 PM   #31
17ghk

NRA worthless. Even if you dont like everything about them all the time they are the one organization that can stand up to the knuckleheads in Washington right now. I would like to see membership double as it would send a message. If you own a firearm or just believe in the 2nd amendment please join or give.
Old January 6, 2013, 03:11 PM   #32
Starting_Out

With the reports from the Washington Post about the proposals that may be forthcoming I am making another donation. I hope any who can spare anything will also make a donation.
Old January 6, 2013, 03:17 PM   #33
SPEMack618

If everybody donated the cost of just one pre-buying frenzy PMAG to the ILA, I feel like we would be in much better shape.

I intend to donate again as soon as I get paid on the 15th, this will be in lieu of my DU dues. No use in keeping the ducks alive if my shotgun to hunt them with is illegal.
Old January 6, 2013, 06:15 PM   #34
PT-92

Quote:
Consider A Donation To the NRA-ILA
Consider it DONE!

--Happy New Year