The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 21, 2016, 04:40 PM   #1
hartgk01

New STI 9mm Hex Tec FTF

Hi
I have about 200 rounds through it and had 6 or 7 failure to feed. I'm using Wilson mags that have been flawless in my other 1911s.
Is there a "break in"?
Pistol is very tight but well lubed.
Thanks
Old August 24, 2016, 08:23 AM   #2
rt11002003

I shoot three STI's, regularly. They are all tight pistols. I've had a couple of failure to feed instances; they were all caused by my failure to seat the magazine fully. When I didn't seat the mag, the first round wouldn't feed. Other than that, never a problem. Excellent guns.

It never hurts to try different ammo when experiencing FTF.
Old August 24, 2016, 08:35 AM   #3
JDBerg

I have an STI Trojan 9mm and I use Wilson Elite Tactical Magazines. This gun tends to be a bit picky about the types and brands of ammo I use with it. But If I use ammo that it likes, and 124 and 147gr Federal AE are 2 examples, this gun will cycle fine and is a tack driver on a target.