The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 11, 2016, 04:33 PM   #1
Idaho 45 Vaquero

Holster for CZ-75

Howdy All,

I have a pretty good range and town holster for my CZ-75, fast with thump break, and purty tooled leather. For when I'm out in the mountains and deserts camping and such, I rather prefer old cheap leather army surplus flap holsters. Does anyone know what military surplus holsters will fit a full-size CZ-75 well?

I have tried Torkarov & CZ-52 holsters and they are too thin. Maybe a Radom-35, Walther P-38, Browning High-power, or a Swedish Lahti holster might work? I'm sure a 1911 flap holster would work, but would be longer than necessary.

Thanks All,
Old August 12, 2016, 06:12 AM   #2
Walt Sherrill

The CZ-75/75B and the Beretta 92/M9 are very close in size -- and any military surplus holsters that works with the Beretta can work with the CZ.

(When Fobus first introduced holsters for the CZ, they used the Beretta mold.)
Old August 12, 2016, 12:00 PM   #3
T. O'Heir

Leather army surplus flap holsters are no longer cheap. Don't think a CZ would fit in a 1911A1 flap holster anyway. CZ's too wide. A 1911A1 with high visibility sights absolutely does not.
There are lots of inexpensive nylon holsters around though. Uncle Mike's makes several.
Old August 12, 2016, 12:52 PM   #4
RsqVet

I recall seeing one stuffed in a web flap holster for the High Power, was British or Israel issue or maybe both / a hand me down.

Was a nice rugged unit the protected the gun well. This was 8-10 years ago. As others have mentioned much of the "cheap" surplus has dried up.

I can relate to wanting a more protected option for carry when out and about.

Safe packer from the wilderness is a nylon padded flap type deal that comes in unto 1911 size. Might work well, not cheap cheap but I see on sale now and again as they don't seem to sell. quick.
Old August 13, 2016, 12:06 PM   #5
Dan-O

Not really what you're looking for, but there's a cz 75 holster from Andrews Custom Leather on ebay right now. He's probably one of the best custom makers out there right now.
Old August 13, 2016, 12:51 PM   #6
Dan-O

Actually, it's for a compact. Not sure if you could stretch out the bottom to accommodate the extra length.
Old August 15, 2016, 05:49 PM   #7
Jo6pak

USGI M-12 holster for the M9 Berretta may be exactly what you are looking for. I've used mine for exactly that purpose for years.
(this is an old photo, my holster shows a bit of wear now, but the pistol is still in great condition which advertises the effectiveness of the holster)

Old August 21, 2016, 09:04 PM   #8
imabmwnut

I just ordered one of these. Hope it works.
Old August 27, 2016, 04:44 PM   #9
imabmwnut

Got my M12 a couple of days ago. My CZ75 compact fits nicely in it. As does my Browning BDM And my Rock Island 1911. Might have to have a couple more of these things.