The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old September 7, 2006, 12:31 PM   #1
02R6

Help needed Please!!!!!!!!!

My dad gave me 2 pistols the other day and I am looking for some info on them. The first one is a Savage 1907 model i think in 7.65 MM(32 cal.) I was wondering if there was a site I could go to and run the #'s on it to get the history or anymore info on it. The gun is good-fair shape but needs some TLC.
The 2nd gun I havent been able to find anything on it is a Omega model 100 and is made in Germany. It looks like it might be a 22 revolver but not sure of the Cal.
I really would like to learn the history of these guns since they were past done to me and at the time my dad didnt know much about them.
Thanks to anyone that can help.
Old September 7, 2006, 07:46 PM   #2
RJay

The Name Omega was used by two German gunmakers , Weihrauch ( Arminius), and Gerstenberger and Eberwein ( EM-GE ). Does the grips have any markings so we can narrow it down?
On your Savage 1907, I'm sure if you google Savage 1907 you will come up with a wealth of information, if not come back.
Old September 8, 2006, 01:25 AM   #3
02R6

The grips only have omega on them they look to be white plastic, on one side of the barrel it says made in Germany the other side has something but cant tell what it is due to some rust. it also says Omega model 100. As for the Savage I was looking on line but didnt google thats how I found this site and what info I have now. I thank you for the info on the Omega and will try looking up the 2 you named.

Thanks, Dave.