The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 4, 2010, 10:01 PM   #26
bangbang777

I have to agree with JStetson. Good solid advice.
Old January 6, 2010, 08:00 PM   #27
djc7

I just got my GunVault Mini Deluxe in the mail today. It the middle of programming it/checking it out the door stopped opening. So, now I get to call GunVault tomorrow to get this worked out. Piece of crap. :barf:
Old January 7, 2010, 07:30 AM   #28
swinokur

Quote:
I just got my GunVault Mini Deluxe in the mail today. It the middle of programming it/checking it out the door stopped opening. So, now I get to call GunVault tomorrow to get this worked out. Piece of crap.
As I said in a previous post, I have 2 Gunvault products, a Multi Deluxe and the Microvault for my Jeep/air travel. Both had problems (Multi had a lock problem and the Micro keypad stopped working)

In both instances I called Gunvault tech support, was cheerfully issued an RMA and had a replacement in a week. Gunvault included a return UPS label.

Their products are not perfect, but they do stand behind them no questions asked IMO. Both replacements are working fine. These devices are not the best things out there, but at least in my case I feel like they do what I want at a reasonable price. I have no no problems with the replacement units. (7 months)
Old January 7, 2010, 08:29 AM   #29
Rich Miranda

We're talking kids and not thieves in this thread, right?

I have two of these Secure-It Security Boxes that cost about $30 each.

They are basic and inexpensive. They keep kids out very well. A strong thief can rip it out but bolting it down adds a little security. The two halves come together surprisingly tight, so it's not that easy to pry open with a screwdriver. But I use them to keep my kids safe, nothing more. It comes with steel cable and has holes in the bottom for bolts.

IMO, the best feature of these little boxes is their size: they can be hidden so that a child (or thief) may not ever even find them. I use two right now, and both are well out of sight in places you wouldn't think to look unless you had plenty of time alone in the house and were on a mission looking for hidden items.

Old January 9, 2010, 02:25 PM   #30
Pigaloo

How about one of those that mount in between the studs in your wall? Mount a picture over it on hinges.