The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 19, 2008, 07:08 PM   #1
kristop64089

Relighted recticles a solution looking for a problem?

Or more than that?

I am in a bit of a dilema. I am getting ready to scope my Charger, and as we all know, buying a scope is worse than buying a house.

I have it narrowed down to a vari-power (2x7) pistol scope. I need the eye relief, plus the short body allows for a brighter picture.

On my AR I have a NCSTAR Vari- power with Lighted recticle. It's always been Very accurate. But, honestly i don't know when I have ever used the recticle.

If light is such an issue, than I'd rather have a scope that gathered light and remained bright even in low-light situations.

Are the lighted versions just a tacticool waste of money.(Honestly I put mine on because it was free from a guy that owed me)(If I really want to get with it with my ar, I use my peep sights) I see them as a problem looking for a solution

What do ya think?
Old February 19, 2008, 07:16 PM   #2
Six Shooter Steve

Go for the 2 x 7. Burris has a hard to beat 2 x 7 pistol scope, Great quality, The lighted reticle is kinda pointless if your just paper punching, but kinda cool none the less. Have you shot your Charger yet? What do you think?
Old February 19, 2008, 07:30 PM   #3
kristop64089

I am supposed to get it Thursday. They had to order it in. All they had was a counter model which I did not want.
Old February 19, 2008, 07:42 PM   #4
Six Shooter Steve

You will love it! I got mine a couple weeks ago and braved the Indiana cold to go out and kill some targets. You will have to post your results when you go out.

Last edited by Six Shooter Steve; March 27, 2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old February 19, 2008, 07:47 PM   #5
kristop64089

Will do, these seem to be a, love hate gun.

Dealer says lotsa lookers but no-one Biting. I think is cool enough as is...but I get lost in la-la land thinking about the flood of aftermarket goodies tha will be coming.
Old February 19, 2008, 07:55 PM   #6
Six Shooter Steve

After markets galore. Will be putting a trigger kit in mine as soon as it warms up outside. They have the same rough triger as the 1022. My dealer cant keep them on the shelves, called me when he got his first one and put it back for me. Pretty bad when the dealer calls you! I think I have a collecting problem!
Old February 19, 2008, 08:06 PM   #7
kristop64089

I have a collecting addiction, It's my wife who has the problem.

When I told her i ordered the Chargershe said "didn't you just get a Ruger .22 today"

I said, " Yeah baby, but it is a MKIII, this Charger is the newest thing on the Market from Ruger" . Thats when she knew she was had
Old February 19, 2008, 08:15 PM   #8
Six Shooter Steve

Shhhh Charger just blends in with the rest of them for now. By the time she notices it I can say, Ive had that thing forever now, cant even remember when I got it.
Old February 19, 2008, 08:19 PM   #9
kristop64089

How's the saying go "easier to ask for forgiveness, than for permission"