The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old October 11, 2019, 04:53 PM   #1
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Federal court in Ohio dismisses lawsuit against gun makers

I'm not having much luck finding an explanatory article that tells us who The Primus Group is, but Primus is apparently some sort of entertainment holding company. Primus sued a group of major firearms manufacturers of modern AR-15 firearms. On October 9, 2019, the United States District Court for Southern Ohio, Eastern Division, accepted a defendants' motion to dismiss, and dismissed the case with prejudice.

https://nssfpdf.s3.amazonaws.com/Doc...onandOrder.pdf

Basically, it appears that Primus owns theaters, and they sued on the grounds that fear of mass shootings in theaters has "injured" them by cutting into their ticket sales. The court (correctly, IMHO) tossed the case because the nature of the alleged "injury" to Primus is speculative at best.

To summarize it in the vernacular, "No harm, no foul."

The NSSF approves: https://www.nssf.org/nssf-welcomes-f...manufacturers/
Jeepaholic

Last edited by Aguila Blanca; October 11, 2019 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Multiple typos
Old October 11, 2019, 09:11 PM   #2
American Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Blanca View Post
I'm not having much luck finding an expalanatory article that tells us who The Primus Group is, but Primus is apparently some sort of entertainment holding company. Primus sued a group of major firearms manufacturers of the making of AR-15 firearms. On October 9, 2019, the United States District Court for Southern Ohio, Eastern Division, Accepted a defendants' motion to dismiss, and dismissed the case with prejudice.

https://nssfpdf.s3.amazonaws.com/Doc...onandOrder.pdf

Basically, it appears that Primus owns theaters, and they sued on the grounds that fear of mass shootings in theaters has "injured" them by cutting into their ticket sales. The court (correctly, IMHO) tossed the case because the nature of the alleged "injury" to Primus is speculative at best.

To summarize it in the vernacular, "No harm, no foul."

The NSSF approves: https://www.nssf.org/nssf-welcomes-f...manufacturers/
Maybe instead of hiring lawyers they should use the money to improve their security and/or hire more off duty officers.

I don't recall liquor stores suing gun manufacturers. If there is a chain of stores that would have a case, it would be them. lol
Old October 11, 2019, 10:51 PM   #3
Geezerbiker

I don't fear getting shot in a theater, I fear spending a small fortune to watch a bad movie and massively over priced snacks. They caused their own problems and are trying a SJW solution to blame it on some one else...

Tony
Old October 12, 2019, 03:49 AM   #4
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
I'm not having much luck finding an explanatory article that tells us who The Primus Group is
Gun control groups have gotten better about covering their tracks. I can't find anything about this company.
Old October 12, 2019, 05:50 AM   #5
zukiphile

The Primus Group is an Ohio LLC formed by Louis Matthews in 2015 and is the location of the XO Nightclub in Columbus, Ohio.