The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 4, 2019, 11:15 AM   #2176
BEG

Hallo from Berlin

..to everyone. I hope to make some contacts, learn and get connected. I do handloading for rifles (target shooting 100/300m). I have some handguns as well.
Old June 5, 2019, 07:27 AM   #2177
Picher

Hello BEG! Welcome to this board. You mentioned that you handload for rifles. What cartridges to you load for?

I live in Maine and shoot fairly often; outdoors when the weather allows. I have a small range at my home and can shoot almost 300 yards here, but it's often quite windy.

I also belong to a R&P Club, though the oudoor ranges are often rented-out to law enforcement training, which helps on expenses, but takes up a lot of range time, especially in the Spring.

Hopefully, members here can assist you.
Old June 12, 2019, 01:49 PM   #2178
brazosbulletcompany

New here.

Howdy! I'm Steve. I've run a custom wood door business for about 20 years and am now in the beginning stages of a new endeavor. Brazos Bullet Company. (I tend to convert my hobbies into jobs I guess!)

Anyway, I am an Expert Bullseye Pistol shooter working on earning my Distinguished Badges and I reload primarily for these purposes. I began casting bullets to shoot cheaper and in February of this year, my partner and I have taken casting to the next level by buying commercial equipment.

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing experiences as time allows. Look up our site, we produce very high quality (think bullseye, precision pistol) bullets at the lowest price on the web.
Old June 12, 2019, 07:04 PM   #2179
duwright40

Howdy

Howdy gang thanks for allowing me to be part of your site. Love my guns and my country...

Last edited by duwright40; June 12, 2019 at 07:06 PM. Reason: not finished
Old June 12, 2019, 09:33 PM   #2180
AreYaSerious

Geetings from Northern Indiana.
Old June 16, 2019, 09:12 AM   #2181
DaveBj

Hello from Alabama

Hey, y'all -- My name is already up there. I'm a geezer, retired fed, living in rural Alabama, just getting back into shooting and self-defense. At the time I own and carry only one gun, a Springfield Armory XD9.

Dave
Old June 22, 2019, 08:06 AM   #2182
AgedWarrior

Greetings from the corn fields...in Iowa

I failed to initially introduce myself; humble apologies! I am retired USAF, currently pastoring a church in NW Iowa. I have been around firearms most of my life, shooting for 50+ years and reloading for 40+. Learned much through that time, but there is always more to learn. Used to be an avid hunter, slowed a bit nowadays. Did some handgun silhouette shooting years back when I was into big bore guns more. Currently find a lot of joy dabbling in long range shooting, but I am hardly even a novice. Looking forward to sharing and learning with you all.
Old June 24, 2019, 12:58 PM   #2183
taxidjeff

Hello TFL. Nor Cal oldtimer here. Long time hunter, sometime shooter and infrequent reloader. Now bringing a Belgium Browning .264 WIN MAG out of the safe. Will be looking for advice.
Old June 24, 2019, 04:14 PM   #2184
milo_h

Hey everyone! Glad to be here. I'm a newish shooter who wants to get back into firearms after learning to shoot as a kid. Can't wait to learn more and get started on this more on my own. Thanks for having me!

-Milo
Old July 22, 2019, 09:43 AM   #2185
1Mo'Gun

Hello ... from West Virginia!

Some things in life you just can't have enough of. Love, money, family & friends, free time and guns and ammo.
Old August 10, 2019, 02:26 PM   #2186

Hi, I'm Steve. I have a few semi-autos but my main interest is in revolvers. I like to reload ammo (handgun only) and breaking up clays. I don't do cowboy or competition, just plinking and casual target shooting. My very first gun was an S&W 28-2 I got new back in '73. I had to give my dad the money cuz I wasn't old enuf at the time. I still have it, still shoot it, and one of only three I won't part with. The other two have been in the family for many years. I hope to learn a lot here and maybe contribute something along the way.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95
Old August 11, 2019, 06:03 AM   #2187
MaterialWeakness

Howdy TFL.

Not sure what else to say other than I've had a firearm since I was 8 years old and while I've been very busy writing to officials and congress critters for the past 15+ years, I've actually had to dial back my time and investment in firearms and shooting for some years now due to grad school, health problems, and ongoing commitments to professional certifications which consume a great deal of time and other resources.

I'm seeing there's a possibility those conditions may change within a year or so, and I hope that 2020 brings opportunities to get some badly needed training. I signed up for this site because searching it I've already found some great resources. I can't act on them yet but it's a start.

I work as a government bureaucrat in a red state but live in a blue city. I don't like to label myself with political labels but I do not agree with many common sentiments. I am hoping to find my tribe.
Old August 13, 2019, 07:28 AM   #2188
mondaraguila

Good to see some beautiful people here and want to say hello to the weapons lovers.
Old August 25, 2019, 03:36 PM   #2189
elsancudo

Hello to everyone!

Hello to everyone here. Should have participated at this place a long time ago having registered nine years ago. Up in age here and looking for certain firearms and want knowledge most of all. Looks like there are a bunch of knowledgeable individuals here and I'm excited to be here.

My specialty is linguistics, specifically the Spanish language which I utilize everyday with my work. Live not far enough away from Austin (lol) and would love to meet any members on here who live in the area. Mostly in to handguns.

Last edited by elsancudo; August 25, 2019 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Haven't been around
Old September 12, 2019, 08:48 PM   #2190
TopJeff

Hello Folks, I am a noob here to create confusion, act like a jerk and irritate as many of you as possible.

I live in central NC. I am a Master Sergeant of Marines (Retarded). I am sure I will learn allot here and I hope to not embarrass myself completely.
Old September 30, 2019, 06:33 PM   #2191
thecluelessmarksman

Hello, im new and have a few questions about shooting long range. Where do i post them?

Im looking forward to participating. Thank you
Old October 15, 2019, 06:51 PM   #2192
corneileous

Hello everybody! New guy from Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old November 22, 2019, 02:33 AM   #2193
BourbonCowboy

Hey y'all. I'm a new member here. Hope to see you around the boards.
Old December 11, 2019, 03:12 PM   #2194
mel80

hiya everyone new member here from utah , just added a couple 6.5's to my collection for long range target shooting
Old December 11, 2019, 09:00 PM   #2195
elsancudo

New member from Texas

Hello haven't been here long. Like the articles and features. Thanks!
Old December 16, 2019, 04:29 PM   #2196
Henry400

Hello all. Newly registered here, (though I've lurked off and on for a while) and living out in the country in Central Kentucky. I'm twice retired, (US Navy Silent Service, then Field service technician) and working in my third career (Gospel preacher). I love my country and the freedoms it affords. I've been involved in shooting for over 50 years, and am always up for learning new things.
Old December 20, 2019, 09:53 PM   #2197
John22

Greetings all returning member here... might as well be a newbie, this is my 26th post. I think my last post was around 2001 or so. Guns have gone and been replaced. Moved half way across the country from Indiana to New Hampshire. Some how I lost track of this forum. I'm currently a member of several forums but I remember TFL is one of the first "on line" forums I belonged to beside the now long gone AOL gun forum. I'll see what I can do about catching up and making things current. I'm Still into 22Lr's ... 4 pistols 1 rifle ... Centerfire I have a LCP and a Ruger Police Service Six.
More posts to come I'm sure.
Old December 21, 2019, 11:51 AM   #2198
NobodyJones

New guy introduction

Howdy!

I am retired, a gun enthusiast, mostly plinking and target shooting.

My other interests include woodworking, cooking and baking, music and being outside as much as possible.

I'm looking forward to some good conversation and learning as much as possible while here.
Old December 21, 2019, 11:56 AM   #2199
RGRacing

Welcome - I'm not an avid poster but TFL is part of my morning coffee -

Always nice to pick a great TIP or interesting tidbit.

Enjoy -

I'm living in the glow of a new Beretta Bobcat 21A - In hopes my wife will love it too - I'm a dreamer but like she says - You bought that for you.
Old December 21, 2019, 12:00 PM   #2200
ligonierbill

Welcome! This is a good forum, and mostly civil. Remember, though, any advice you receive is worth what you paid for it.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent