The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 7, 2020, 10:03 PM   #1
Austinmorgan

Uberti 1861 colt navy help!

Hello,
I have a uberti 1861 colt navy revolver I completely dissembled and reassembled today for cleaning purposes and I noticed at the end of assembly when I was function checking that the hammer will only go to half cock when the cylinder is not in. Once it’s all put back together it functions perfect, it will go all the way to full cock and so forth. I can’t remember if it’s suppose to do that or is it suppose to be able to go to full cock with no cylinder? Thank you all!
Old December 9, 2020, 12:06 PM   #2
ppg1949

AM, your hammer should function the same regardless of whether your cylinder is in place or not. Something was not re-assembled correctly. I would disassemble and then
re-assemble. If the problem persist, go to muzzleloadingforum.com, and pose the same question in the Handgun section. Good luck.