The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 8, 2020, 09:45 AM   #1
tank1949

ATN Will Not Reply: SAD!

I recently queried ATN via EMAIL based on some Optiplanet,com reviews of their NV goggles. One reviewer's main complaint was that ATN's NV goggles would not allow eye distance ( distance between eyes for large or small people) to be adjusted. Most binoculars allow for this. This seems to be a disadvantage for people whose eyes do not fit perfectly to the ATN goggles. Also, if a user requires reading glasses, must they wear them in order to focus through ATN NV goggles or can the goggles be adjusted for individuals? Perhaps ATN is sufferings because of Covid-19 and cannot keep a staff to properly respond?

Any response would be appreciated....
Old September 8, 2020, 10:53 AM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

How long ago is "recently"?

I submitted a question to a respected bullet manufacturer several weeks ago. I received a robo reply that they are not able to respond quickly to e-mail inquiries because they have too many orders and can't handle them all, and they have adjusted their staffing due to COVID-19 concerns.

That was at least a month or six weeks ago and I haven't received a response yet.At this point I don't expect to receive a response, but I don't hold it against them.
Jeepaholic
Old September 8, 2020, 12:36 PM   #3
tank1949

I am hoping that is the reason. Or, perhaps they are just overworked in lieu of citizens buying and getting prepared for civil unrest or war. THX! I hope not war.
Old September 8, 2020, 01:49 PM   #4
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Go to their web site and fire up the chat. Like most sites, they promise to connect you to a live operator, but what you get is obviously a bot. The bot I got claimed to be Chamberlain St. Jean. After some nonsense interchange, the bot finally asked if I had a technical question. When I responded yes, this is what I got:

Quote:
Okay, I apologize. However, I wouldn't be the best person to help assist you with that. Although, I will send in a request so that someone can get in contact with you right away. For a faster response contacting customer service at (650)989-5100 opt 2.
Following Needed
------------------------------
What is the full name on the account ?
What is a great contact number?
So -- try calling that number and see if you get a warm body.
Jeepaholic
Old September 8, 2020, 04:29 PM   #5
tank1949

If those people think that I am going to lay down a few grand for stuff that will not or not be close to my specifications, they had better get their act together. Thx for reply!
Old September 8, 2020, 06:14 PM   #6
Aguila Blanca
Staff

You raise a valid point. They are selling a night vision binocular, and the binocular certainly appears to be built on a rigid body with no provision for adjusting the inter-ocular distance. Candidly, I can't imagine that would work. There's a reason why every conventional pair of binoculars I've ever seen -- from my grandfather's WW2 Bausch & Lomb to today's big bucks, "Name" brand binoculars to the $10 cheapies you can buy at Walmart -- all have a hinge joint to adjust for inter-ocular distance.
Jeepaholic
Old September 11, 2020, 04:40 PM   #7
tank1949

Thx, and they will not reply if I have to wear reading glasses to see image. I currently only require readers. I'd prefer to focus goggles on my distant vision. Having glasses on will just get fogged up.
Old September 11, 2020, 05:27 PM   #8
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Perhaps ATN is sufferings because of Covid-19 and cannot keep a staff to properly respond?
Welcome to your first experience dealing with ATN. Their customer service has the reputation of being the worst in the NV/Thermal business. No reason to believe that it will improve if you buy their product and have a problem with it.

I know ATN is less expensive than many options, but aside from their poor reputation for CS, consider this as well...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-st...090013609.html
Old September 11, 2020, 08:07 PM   #9
thallub

Quote:
Their customer service has the reputation of being the worst in the NV/Thermal business.
Their products may be no better. The Amazon customer review of the ATN Thor 4 Thermal Rifle Scope:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...R23TTUQBIRZFSO
Old September 13, 2020, 04:47 PM   #10
tank1949

Sounds like ATN may be forced out of business due to treason! Damn!
Old September 13, 2020, 06:47 PM   #11
Double Naught Spy

Unfortunately, ATN isn't going out of business anytime soon.