The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 26, 2011, 09:36 PM   #26
lefteye

Quote:
Exactly right woodguru.
I originally posted my question back in August '08 and since then, tried numerous slugs in my Rem. 870/Wingmaster.
Then I posted an update sometime later, that the Lightfield Hybid .12GA slugs produced the best and tightest groups for my Hastings slug barrel.
Seems the Peetzakilla man wanted to make fun of my follow up post for some reason! I sure dind't "forget about my original post" as he suggested!.
Too bad he can't just read a post instead of trying to make someone "appear" to look foolish, etc.
Your "update" was posted more than two years after your OP; you reported on your three months of testing several slugs but didn't tell us when that testing occurred; your "update" clearly reads as a reply to your OP; and your most recent post quoted above is nearly a year after Peetzakilla's last post.

Last edited by lefteye; September 26, 2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old September 27, 2011, 03:06 PM   #27
skydiver3346

Attn: Lefteye: response

Geez,
Sorry Lefteye. I was merely trying to explain my results/experiences with shooting different slugs here. FYI to you and the pizzaman: Yes, I was answering my own original post with my results of shooting numerous types/brands of slugs in a Haistings 870 barrel. Whats wrong with that?? Is there a time limit on posts and/or responses to your own post?
I only wanted to update it with my results on the slugs that shot best out of my model 870 Haistings barrel.
Sorry, I didn't know that I needed to post the exact testing dates., times, etc. Was just inputting some new info on my old post in case someone else has a 870Hastings slug barrel and had a question about which slug to shoot out of that particular barrel.
Old September 27, 2011, 04:30 PM   #28
lefteye

Sorry. I don't believe Peetzakiller's post was intended to make you look foolish and I know my post was not intended to make you foolish. Rather, I felt you were a little harsh in your respone to Peetzakiller's post.

FWIW, I also use an 870 (I have five of them). For deer, I use my 870 SP with fully rifled barrel and cantilever scope mount and a Leupold 1 X 4. I prefer Remington 2 3/4" Core-Lokt sabot slugs because they are extremely accurate in my gun and are very effective on whitetails.

I hope your deer season is a pleasure and a success.