The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 9, 2015, 07:35 PM   #1
condor bravo

Montana Bullet Works

I invite your attention to logging on to www.montanabulletworks.com, producers and distributors of cast lead bullets that has recently returned to business after having been shut down due to injury to previous owner Dave Jennings. Posters on other forums and probably this one were lamenting being unable to contact MBW and were wondering what happened. MBW is now under new ownership of Bruce and Veronica Richardson with business now located at Bonner, Montana. I'm going to say that they have the widest selection of both cast handgun and rifle bullets, many gas checked, and with a larger selection of sizing diameters, than what you will find from any other cast bullet source. Where else could you find the 60gr gas checked bullet for the .22 Savage Hi-Power sized to .228? Current ordering can be done by mail, telephone, or email (although they apparently have a shopping cart system in progress). Recommend logging on to website and placing order by email, including sizing requirements and lubing for smokeless or black powder. MBW will advise of cost including shipping by return email. Then send check or money order to mailing address and advise by email that check is in the mail. It seems then that they begin to process the order and size the bullets before receiving the check. I have received orders in a week. They ship by USPS priority mail.

Last edited by condor bravo; November 10, 2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old November 10, 2015, 05:25 AM   #2
Mike / Tx

I agree they make fine bullets in sizes not often offered. They also have more than the one base alloy to pour from and this makes a lot of difference in how well your firearm will digest them.

I wish them well and hope they stay around for a long while.
Old November 10, 2015, 09:41 AM   #3
condor bravo

Yes, good point with the two alloys, heat treated or linotype. My sentiments exactly that they really do well with the business. My interest is their rifle bullets that I use a number of calibers.
Old November 10, 2015, 06:45 PM   #4
Ozzieman

I have used their 30 cal bullets in both a 03-A3 and a 308 Ishapore and agree they do make a very good bullet.

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.