The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 3, 2019, 06:41 PM   #51
Mackie244Bud

I'm not sure that very many people are carrying the P365 with the 15 round Mag.
From other forums I'm discovering that people are buying the 15 round mag for the Range..or some as a backup to carry.

You are welcome to EDC the P365 in any configuration that you like...10...12...or 15.
Today everything is about Choices.

I own five 12 round magazines which equals 60 rounds at the Range before I have to reload.
With the 15 Round magazine I can do that in 4 magazines..and save $40.00
I could have three 15's and a 12 for 57 Rounds.
Or any configuration that I like...Options...It's just about Options.
Same with the new to be released P365XL...Just More Options!
It's a good thing..
Old June 4, 2019, 05:51 AM   #52
OhioGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie244Bud View Post
I'm not sure that very many people are carrying the P365 with the 15 round Mag.
From other forums I'm discovering that people are buying the 15 round mag for the Range..or some as a backup to carry.
That would be my rationale. I compete in a local IDPA-style match where all the stages are pretty much designed around at least 15 round strings of fire. If I had a P365 of either variety (and nothing says I won't one of these days!) I'd grab some of the new 15 rounders for that reason. I'd probably carry with 12.
Old June 5, 2019, 06:26 PM   #53
Carl the Floor Walker

And some folks like the LCP 15 round magazine. Again, not interested. But as you say each to his own.
Old June 8, 2019, 12:12 PM   #54
Sequins

More bullets is better but that grip length is the governing factor on cealmemt so really can you get away with 15? I don't think so tbh, but it's a great match mag or backup mag. Like others have indicated I think I'll stick to the shorter mags for carry- I always default to the lowest overall length magazines regardless of capacity hit with my ccw selections.
Old June 9, 2019, 06:56 AM   #55
OhioGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequins View Post
More bullets is better but that grip length is the governing factor on cealmemt so really can you get away with 15? I don't think so tbh, but it's a great match mag or backup mag. Like others have indicated I think I'll stick to the shorter mags for carry- I always default to the lowest overall length magazines regardless of capacity hit with my ccw selections.
I think it's highly individualized based on body size and clothing (I just stated the obvious right? )

In my own experience, for being average height and build, carrying AIWB is the only way to conceal a grip of this length. With a dedicated appendix rig, I can conceal a G19 sized gun under most untucked shirts, no problem, because the long grip gets rotated in toward my body and hides itself along the belt line. At 1:00 I can carry my CZ P-07 without issue. At 4:00, the best I can manage is my Walther PPS with the flush 6-round mag.

While the CZ doesn't print up front, in the sense of creating the outline of a gun, it does create a lump. Now most people don't look "down there" and if they did would never suspect anything other than "that's a weird place to gain a few pounds," but the single-stack PPS creates a considerably smaller protrusion AIWB, and that's with the very extended 8 round magazine. It's amazing how much that 1/3 inch in width affects this. Under tighter fitting shirts, I drop down to the 6 rounder and any printing from the grip disappears. But I'd say for 90% of situations, I carry with a longer grip. If I'm wearing something like business attire that just screams for smaller, I drop down to a .380 and all clothing problems are solved.

Anyways, when I read about a P365 or (soon, supposedly, with aftermarket mags) Glock 43x packing 15 rounds, I hear that I can get the capacity of my P-07 in the profile of my PPS. So in my case, I suppose I very likely would carry with the 15 round P365 mag.

But yeah for 4:00 carry or some other position, I'd stick to the 10 round mags and use 15 for range or competition use.