The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 18, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Bama61

Kel-Tec P-3AT Problems

I have a P-31AT that I have had for about a year. I have not had any problems, but have only put a few rounds through it. Maybe a little over 100.

Yesterday I was out shooting my P-3AT and it quit firing. The trigger didn't seem to reset. (When I pulled it it moved without any resistance. Didn't connect with the hammer.) I worked the slide a little (did not pull completely back) and it fired again. This happend a couple of more times. The last time it fired I had to manually ejected the cartridge and strip a fresh one from mag. It never worked again.

Today I took the frame pin out and tried to remove the slide. It would go forward about 1/4 inch and stick. I tried this a couple of times and decided to put pin back in and send it back to KelTec. A little while later I thought I would give it one more try. This time the slide came off easily. I thought that the ejector had fallen out, but searched and searched for it. I was sitting in my computer chair when I took the slide off. I have determined that the ejector must be missing. I would have heard it drop and it is just not here.

Could the ejector have broken and fell out when I was out shooting yesterday? Will keltec send my one or do I need to send my gun in to them?

Thanks for any help!