The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 20, 2001, 11:38 PM   #1
Javahed

Blackhawk makes gloves - Hellstorm tactical gloves

The pics and prices are finally up for Blackhawk's line of tactical gloves. There are 16 variations of gloves, for every possible use. There are balaclavas, watchcaps, knee and elbow pads available also

Here is the webpage scoop from Blackhawk - HellStorm™ is the new line of Tactical Assault Gloves designed by the Military and Law Enforcement professionals who actually use them. Built by BlackHawk™ with the same religious attention to Quality that BlackHawk™ is famous for, they offer a new standard for protection in tactical enviroments. Featuring high-durability leather and fabric treatments, they offer super heavyduty stitching, rugged construction, advanced ergonomic design, and dozens of reliabilty enhancements. Leather is selected only from premium lots. Fire retardant and viral barrier materials exceed tactical requirements.
It is a new class of Gloves for America. Patrolling in your squad car, chasing down gang members, hunting down terrorists, or full blown military or tactical assaults, HellStorm makes a glove for you. Engineered with the durability and quality required in tactical enviroments.

FEATURING:
Driving Gloves
Shooting Gloves
HazMat Gloves
Water Operations
Aviation Gloves
Assault Gloves
Viral Barrier Gloves
Rescue Gloves
Rappelling Gloves

Just in time for Christmas

You can check all the different gloves out HERE

Happy Holidays!

Dan
Old December 21, 2001, 01:43 AM   #2
orlando5

Those are real nice tactical gloves. I need a replacement glove and might place an order from them.
Old December 21, 2001, 04:29 PM   #3
Lightfighter

Whoa, Deja vu!

These gloves are supposed to be very nice; but they are expensive compared to the competition. That is a good thing anda bad thing.

The Hellstorm gloves are going to be 'released' at the SHOT show and even the samples aren't at Blackhawk yet (you will notice that they are not even on my site yet becaue I don't want to sell them until I know when I will be able to get them in stock).
Old December 21, 2001, 09:20 PM   #4
Javahed

Wow Brad - seems everywhere I post that same message of yours keeps popping up

I placed an order today. I understand the unvieling will be at the show - but I think the gloves can be had sooner. At least I hope so, or I'll be out of country when mine come in

Retail may be expensive - but at the link in my last post Everything is 20% off retail

Happy holidays!!!

Dan
Old December 21, 2001, 09:59 PM   #5
orlando5

Lightfighter,

What tatical/shooting glove do you recommand?

Thanks
Old December 21, 2001, 10:57 PM   #6
Javahed

Well - here is my two cents

What do you plan on doing? Just shooting or more?

For just shooting.....
The PeaceMaker Driving / Duty / Shooting Glove

The Peacemaker looks like a good basic glove.

I ordered a pair of S.O.L.A.G.s for use at work --

S.O.L.A.G. (Spec Ops Light Assault Glove)

Made of advanced synthetic composite materials, it is breathable, quick drying and lightweight with amazing durability and dexterity. Designed with full wrist support, double back of hand adjustment system, multiple stitch layer design for enhanced gripping power. Ideal for land or water ops

I think that they'll be just the ticket.

The nomex type are always good -

been operating with a pair of Army issue ones for years

Have fun out there!

Dan
Old December 22, 2001, 01:03 AM   #7
Lightfighter

I like what I see about the Hellstorm; but I have been around this business long enough to know that I am will wait until I have product in my hand before I start talking about how great it is. I am excited, but will hold off on praise until I see more out of these other than a glossy add.

I use Hatch which are a nice cheap glove (the Operator are even better than that); but the Woodland Industries gloves that were sent to me as a sample were very nice. I am thinking for the money (until I can evaluate the Hellstorm with my own hands) the Woodland Industries has the nod.

I will let you know for certain after the SHOT show.
Old December 22, 2001, 03:19 PM   #8
Javahed

well............

I'd be hesitant to jump on the bandwagon if it was not a company like Blackhawk. I've been using their gear for a long time now - and have no problem vouching for the quality of any of their present or future products.

I'd feel the same way if Eagle or LBT had announced that a new product was coming out soon. Great companies make great products, I don't see why that would change.

Happy holidays

Dan