The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 27, 2000, 05:50 PM   #1
CANIS

Howdy folks!

i received a Maverick 88 shotgun for Christmas. I know that it is an entry level but serviceable shotgun. It has dual action rods and it honestly cycles as smoothly as any other shotgun I've ever owned. That being said, are accessories for the model 500 compatable with this shotgun? I have always wanted to have one of those nifty looking slicked up pistol gripped shotguns with the pistol grip forend, shell carrier, heat shield, light mount and tac sling. I already know most of your opinions on pistol grips and I know that they are not very easy to master even though I seem to do just fine with them!

So, are they interchangeable? Where is a good source for all of the little doodads and whatnots you can attach to one of these shot throwers?

Thanks!!!!

Chris Canis
Old December 27, 2000, 10:11 PM   #2
pokey074

ATI makes a full-length pistol grip stock that fits the Mav. also, IIRC, their receiver mounted shell carrier will fit. the pistol grip forend does not fit the Mav. however.