The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old December 24, 2012, 12:58 PM   #1
HiBC

Cmp excellence!

I went to one of kraigwy's Garand and Vintage Military CMP shoots last summer.From this,I received a Certificate of Participation.(satisfies requirement)

Later,I signed up for a Lifetime Membership to thje Wyoming State Shooters Association.I live in Colorado,but chose Wyoming because I respect the work WSSA has done for Wyo handgun carry.(satisfies requirement)

Approx Dec 1 I sent my order for one CMP Special M-1 Garand,fully reconditioned with a new Criterion barrel.

Dec 5 I received acknowledgement of my order.

I figured out I had botched the "last name first,first name last" on my 1A form.

An e-mail to their customer service resulted in very rapid response,problem solved,and it was done in a friendly way.

Dec 22 I recieved my rifle and I am quite pleased with it.

My public "Thank You" to the CMP.Merry Christmas!
Old December 24, 2012, 06:03 PM   #2
kraigwy

HiBC, glad you got it worked out. The CMP is a great outfit to work with.

Keep in mind, the CMP is coming to Cody WY the 5&6th of Sept for their Wyoming CMP Games.

I plan on putting on at least two more Clinics/Shoots this summer to get us geared up.

Keep watching for my post. I figure one the last of June and one in the middle of Aug.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old January 3, 2013, 11:47 AM   #3
Bart B.

Note the Garand Collector's Association's having their annual meeting in Cody, Wyoming, at this same time frame.

http://www.thegca.org/2013-gca-convention

So is the US Navy Competitive Shooters Reunion being in Cody then; check the web site below:

https://sites.google.com/site/usncom...rsreunion/Home
Old January 4, 2013, 11:35 AM   #4
kraigwy

Bart, are you going to attend? It would be great to sit and talk with you a bit.
Old January 4, 2013, 05:53 PM   #5
Bart B.

Kraig, yes, I'll be there. Not a member of GCA, but they'll probably let me in to visit.

Plan on bringing some copies of the USN Small Arms Match Conditioning Unit's Operating Procedure for Match Conditioning of 7.62mm Rifle MK 2 MOD 1; the whole 9 yards of rebuilding a 30 caliber Garand to a 7.62 NATO one. They'll probably be on a CD as an Adobe Reader PDF file. Then folks could print off the pages they wanted. Don't know what each CD will cost, but not much as far as I know.

Besides, I've gotta show off the NRA's book "The M1 Rifle" with my picture on it shooting my 7.62 Garand at the 1982 Nationals. Plus one of the T-shirts issued at the 2nd Annual Garand Match at the 1999 Nationals; it's got that same picture in silhouett on it.

Old January 4, 2013, 06:09 PM   #6
kraigwy

Good, see you there. I just got reservations to park my camper at the Cody Range Complex.

Just got to figure out what days I want to stay, I plan on shooting the CMP games, hit the museum and maybe a few fishing spots.