The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old October 11, 2010, 05:33 PM   #1
SfcMac

My 1917

Hello everyone it's been a while, but I've been busy Sometimes it takes just a little interaction with that gun you've been thinking of getting rid of. I had planned on trading my M1917 and took her to the range this past Friday for what would have been the last time before she went out for bid. This may sound freaky, but it was like she was talking to me" Please don't get rid of Me"
I fired 30 rounds at a silouette target, as all but two were right in the kill zone. At 100 meters this was great The kill zone was a circle in the middle of the target. I decided to change my plans and keep her. She will remain the only American rifle in my collection The rest are European/Eastern European. I think perhaps I will now plan on buying either the French MAS 49, or the Soviet SVT 40 tula. I want at least one Semi in the collection Also I willlook at the Soviet SKS tula
Old October 11, 2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Jo6pak

hehe, I did the exact same thing with my Kar89k a few weeks ago. I'm trying to cull the collection down a bit, and it's been on the "sell" list for a while since I just don't shoot it that much. I decided to take it to the range and shoot up the 50 rounds that I had left, before putting it up to sell.
The thing shot like a dream, I was pelting the 100 yard gong with ease, even when shooting as fast as I could work the bolt.

That rifle is back in my safe, and safe in the collection again. Now I jsut have to figure out what I'm going to sell instead
Old October 11, 2010, 07:07 PM   #3
DG45

Aargghh! I thought the thread was about 45 cal. Model 1917 revolvers, not Enfield Rifles. Never Mind.
Old October 11, 2010, 08:51 PM   #4
SfcMac

Joe Think I'll just go ahead and buy that FN or MAS instead Maybe I'll get a cheap old Sks
Old October 12, 2010, 09:48 AM   #5
doofus47

I get it Jo6pak,
The Minister of Finance at our house suggested that I start trimming the herd before I continue adding.
I have been slowly burning off ammo for my Arisaka carbine before putting it up for sale. Unfortunately, every time I come back from a range session, I've been less inclined to sell.
I finally just put my unused ammo up for sale...