The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 14, 2001, 08:58 PM   #1
ZipTieNinja

I Need A Tac/Drop Leg Holster, and BTW..?

I need to get a Tac Holster ASAP. Where would be a good place to get one? I I have found them from as low as $6o, and as high as $120! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ther is the Pro 3 from Uncle Mikes, and it seems to be high end equipment. There is also about 15 others out there as well... Which is the best in your opinion? It is going to be for some pretty extreme use, so it has to protect the gun, and stay put under ANY conditions.

BTW, what kind of holsters do you all use, and why, and when? The whole nine yards....

Last edited by ZipTieNinja; December 15, 2001 at 12:14 AM.
Old December 15, 2001, 02:57 PM   #2
jthuang

Call Wayne Lagger at Lagger Professional and have him rush a Blackhawk Omega VI holster to you. Wayne takes care of his customers and will be able to help you out. I have purchased a boatload of BH stuff from him in the past and have been very satisfied with everything.

Web site: http://www.lagger-pro.com

Not affiliated, etc.

Justin
Old December 19, 2001, 10:06 PM   #3
Lightfighter

I don't know if I found this thread quickly enough to help you out; but I use an Eagle Industries SAS Mark V with light mount for my HK. It isw a nice holster adn gives you flexibility in using your sidearm with or without a light.

For my SIG P228, I used an SOE drop leg rig with the KYDEX insert. Very nice holster and very secure. The kydex aided retention and protection.

All that said, whew; my favorite holster, for which I have yet to actually get for myself is the Safariland 6004 Tactical leg Holster. The advantage od the locking hiood, instead of a traditional thumbsnap is incredible and difficult ot comprehend until you see how awesome it is. Certainly a great holster.
Old December 20, 2001, 12:39 PM   #4
corsair

Either Eagle or SOE for sure. London Bridge if they're available. Love my SOE w/Kydex!
Old December 20, 2001, 11:35 PM   #5
Javahed

Been using Blackhawk's Close Quarters Retention Holster for quite a while now. My M9 stays put running, fastroping and parachuting. Darn fine piece of gear

The CQR-Close Quarters Retention Holster is designed for positive "click-in" Retention of your pistol. No levers, no buttons, no twisting! Just snap it in and you are good to go.
Full Tension adjustability with tesion screw. Use a Coin, blade or flat head screw driver for immediate field adjustments if needed.

They can be found HERE, look under holsters $67.96

Have fun!

Dan
Old December 22, 2001, 12:54 AM   #6
ZipTieNinja

Not Again....

I ordered from cheaper than dirt, what I thought was the Pro 3 Tacticle Holster, what I got was the Dual Retention Tactical holster. Not a lot of diference, infact, I like the holster itself beter, as I do not have to twist my gun out. The main difference is the Pro 3 has a "laminated support panel" and the dual retention does not. Both will accept the flap, but I wonder if I could get the support pannel for mine? Nice holster by the the way. I am content, but I would have rather got what I tried to order.... Just because I like to get what I order, not due to the product.

By the way, this mix up was part my falt, for not scrolling down the price list on the uncle mikes site to see the model no.'s Pro 3 = 6920-1, Dual retention = 9920-1. I thought the difference was just the cheaper than dirt inventory system.... The other part of the problem was the main reason I messed up, the cheaper than dirt site had a picture of the Pro 3 in the description! I will bring this to there attention soon.....

Anyway, they do not carry the Pro 3, so I did not lose much. Stay safe, and happy holidays, and I will look into other brands as some of you suggested. After all, you can't have too many holsters! Happy Holidays!