The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 18, 2009, 11:50 AM   #1
LHKing

Stoeger M2000

Does anyone have experience with these? I'd like to know about their reliability esp when waterfowl hunting. Thanks
Old July 18, 2009, 04:06 PM   #2
the rifleer

stoeger is owned by Benelli, who makes very good shotguns. I've heard good things about them.

its kinda kinda like Ford and Mercury i think.
Old July 18, 2009, 04:55 PM   #3
RetiredLawman

I bought a couple for my sons and they have worked out well. One is an old model that is about 5 years old. The other is a new model bought a couple of years ago. With a Limbsaver, they are OK guns. Without a good recoil pad, the recoil is a bit much. Good guns for the money.
Old July 18, 2009, 06:01 PM   #4
oneounceload

Stoeger is owned by BERETTA, who also owns Benelli, but lets each company operate as a stand-alone business. IIRC, Stoegers are now made in Turkey
Old July 18, 2009, 10:02 PM   #5
RoscoeC

I bought one and it has been perfect. No issues. They are made in Turkey. For the money, its a really nice shotgun. I did put a limbsaver on mine.
NRA Life Member
Old July 20, 2009, 10:33 AM   #6
RetiredLawman

They are made by the same company that makes barrels and parts for the Beretta/Benelli/Franchi brands. The company is Stoeger SSA and is located in Istanbul, Turkey. Many of the parts for the high end guns are made with Stoeger's computerized CNC precision machining and shipped to Italy for assembly in the big dollar guns.

Stoeger SSA does not make parts for the ER Armentino guns made in Brazil and marketed as the Condor and Uplander. These South American guns are made under contract with Armentino, who makes guns under the brand name of Boito.

I have a couple of the Turkish semi-autos and one Uplander made in Brazil. Thus far, they have been satisfactory.

Last edited by RetiredLawman; July 20, 2009 at 12:45 PM.