The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 22, 2017, 02:52 PM   #26
Berserker

Wilks, you can leave 2 miles out of town and shoot guns. I got another place 25 miles from a small town, 45 from Walmart, 100 miles to home Depot type store.

I choose to live my life independent.

I plan ahead. Lots of nuts and bolts on hand. I spend lots of time in the woods. Ya I may die out there. But I won't waste my life staying near an ER or butter.

I am.not scared.

I just can't stand the city. I am not dependent on people to take care of me. No one to take my leaves away. No high speed Internet line. No fire hydrant. I do pay for trash pick up at one place. Some dont.

I am not carrying a gun to put my trash out. That would sicken me.

I'll probably be further out at some point. Luckily around here, you can be 30 miles from town, and have a bar.
Old May 22, 2017, 06:40 PM   #27
BOOGIE the oily

Quote:
Sure there is!--well---sort of.....

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Bersa_...BB_Pistol/2909

Pyramid Air carries way more of a selection than Midway - better prices too.
Oh, my...!
Too bad is isn't blowback...
So... make that TWO airsoft.

Quote:
BTW- Do you want an Airsoft or a BB gun?
Not sure. An airsoft, I guess?
My interest in accuracy is so I can learn not to jerk the gun while pulling the trigger. And, for what I read, guns like the one I posted above (and I guess the one you posted) are quite accurate up to about 10 ft or so, so that'd be good enough, I think.

Thank you all for the replies.

"Alcohol doesn't solve anything, but then again, neither does milk."
Old May 24, 2017, 11:30 PM   #28
Creek Henry

I can shoot my 1911 airsoft anywhere. My son and I practice on the porch all of the time and that certainly doesn't hurt.

But it is not a 22 nor a 357. But for daily plinking, why not?
Old May 28, 2017, 07:53 PM   #29
dajowi

A BB or pellet gun with decent sights will introduce you to acquiring a good sight picture, and perhaps teach you some trigger control.

Shooting airsoft isn't shooting a firearm. Start with a .22 rimfire.
Old May 28, 2017, 09:02 PM   #30
IMightBeWrong

Simunition is better, but Airsoft is more accessible for sure. Shooting is just like any other skill: You can't get proficient without learning applications. Somebody that trains in boxing for 10 years without ever sparring in the ring is always going to lose to the boxer that's trained dedicatedly for 2 years and sparred every week. Obviously with shooting it's more difficult to find opportunities to train for force on force, but something like Airsoft is a good way to go so long as you have the training to go with it (slicing the pie, ready positions, etc...)
Old May 31, 2017, 10:44 AM   #31
Willie D

Airsoft might help familiarize you with the handling of a particular gun and would be fine for action drills or the like.

A good, accurate, pellet/airgun will make you a better Marksman.
Old June 2, 2017, 10:18 PM   #32
BOOGIE the oily

Thank you all.
Simunition would be awesome, but I doubt anybody would be able to convince the idiot Argentinian politicians to let that kind of stuff get in the country. It'd require a much higher collective I.Q. than what's available here...

"Alcohol doesn't solve anything, but then again, neither does milk."