The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 8, 2018, 03:11 AM   #51
Metal god

I got to thinking about this thread and realized something . Although I don't think I owe any apologize to anyone I do believe I was talking out my behind a bit . I started thinking about this in terms of cars and I quickly realized although a Chrysler 300 is a nice car and gets you around quite well , It's no Bentley . The more I think about it , my comments were more to do with that I can't afford a Bentley so I needed to talk up my Chrysler lol.

Well that and that great group at a distance of 25 inches

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old December 8, 2018, 12:00 PM   #52
rt11002003

"Rinspeed", I have little use for SIG USA, even though they make an occasional nice pistol. Every dealing with them has been miserable. I've loved my DE X-5, X-6, p232 and my Swiss p210 6 which included the .22lr kit. My SIG USA 1911 .45ACP and 1911 .45ACP and my p210 Target are nice guns; fortunately I didn't have to deal with SIG USA to get them. An aside, my X-5 came with two 10 round magazines that wouldn't work in the pistol. Bought aftermarket mags. Another aside, went around and around with them for over a year trying to get them to honor my order for a p210 Legend (Super?)Target which I believe was a DE model.

Sorry "bac1023", I meant I think most of the folks looking for the Swiss p210 6 are collectors. I know some folks like to own quality pistols and some like to shoot them. I shouldn't have ignored them by limiting my comments to collectors.
Old December 8, 2018, 07:17 PM   #53
Troop362

I've seen Metal God shoot. I think he meant 25 yards not inches. I seen him shoot groups so tight you would swear only one round was fired. He once lit a wooden match at 15 feet for a birthday cake.
Old December 8, 2018, 07:50 PM   #54
Metal god

Quote:
I've seen Metal God shoot. I think he meant 25 yards not inches. I seen him shoot groups so tight you would swear only one round was fired. He once lit a wooden match at 15 feet for a birthday cake.
LMAO , I mean I've got tears in my eyes . That was funny .

Quote:
He once lit a wooden match at 15 feet for a birthday cake
Scared the crap out of the kids

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; December 9, 2018 at 12:12 AM.
Old December 19, 2018, 09:07 AM   #55
Troop362

Metal God quotes: If Jesus had a gun , he'd probably still be alive !
When Jesus was on the cross and his disciplines asked what they could do, Jesus was quoted as saying "a good ladder and a nail puller wouldn't hurt".
Old December 19, 2018, 07:16 PM   #56
Rinspeed

Got the January American Rifleman yesterday and there is an article on the new P210 by Wiley Clapp. Quite impressive five shot groups out of a RR at 25 yards. Average out of 25 groups shot was .91" and smallest group was .49" with Sigs own 147 gr ammo, sounds a little fishy.
Old January 24, 2019, 01:47 PM   #57
stephen426

No offense to BAC, but my P210A has been coming out to play while his Swiss "brother" stays home in the safe. I understand his disdain for the bastardized American "clone" of the Swiss legend, but it is a fantastic pistol. Everyone who has shot it is impressed by it despite the removal of the locking block and the MIM parts.

- Nitron coated Stainless Steel slide and frame
- Adjustable Target Sights
- No Hammer Bite (which did affect me despite being aware of it)
- American Mag Release as opposed to the heel release
- Excellent Target Grips that feel great in my hands
- Moved Safety Lever that does not scratch the frame and is easy to operate
- Extended Slide Release that is easy to operate and is aesthetically pleasing
- MUCH CHEAPER!!! Used versions in so-so condition listed at close to $3000 while the P210A is about half that.

I know you mention MIM parts, but they can be very durable when done properly. Also, since it is a new release, I imagine it would be fairly easy to get parts for it. I may eventually part ways with my P210-6 if prices get crazy enough. Not sure if I should sell the NIB 50th Anniversary Edition or the one I bought pre-owned. As a shooter, the P210A is awesome. I know that it lacks some of the Swiss heritage, but it does what it is supposed to and does it very well.

Last edited by stephen426; January 28, 2019 at 09:34 AM.
Old January 24, 2019, 10:56 PM   #58
bac1023

It’s much cheaper because it uses cheaper parts and utilizes a cheaper design with less hand fitting.

Sure they shoot great, but so does a CZ Tactical Sport. I’ll take one of those over a half assed American “P210”. I tried to like the gun, but it’s nothing of the kind. Quality is on par with the rest of the metal American Sigs, such as the Elite Series. The German Legend was on par with the X-Five. BIG difference without even mentioning the Swiss guns.

If you like it, that’s all that matters.

Last edited by bac1023; January 24, 2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old January 25, 2019, 11:38 AM   #59
stephen426

I may have to end up getting one of the CZ Tactical Sports one of these days. Is it worth buying one that has been worked on by Cajun Gun Works or buy a stock one?
Old January 25, 2019, 03:48 PM   #60
JDBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen426:
I may have to end up getting one of the CZ Tactical Sports one of these days. Is it worth buying one that has been worked on by Cajun Gun Works or buy a stock one?
Buy a stock TS, you can always get it worked on by CGW after you’ve had it a while and can figure out what it might need, IMHO, not much!
Old January 25, 2019, 07:41 PM   #61
laytonj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
It’s much cheaper because it uses cheaper parts and utilizes a cheaper design with less hand fitting.

Sure they shoot great, but so does a CZ Tactical Sport. I’ll take one of those over a half assed American “P210”. I tried to like the gun, but it’s nothing of the kind. Quality is on par with the rest of the metal American Sigs, such as the Elite Series. The German Legend was on par with the X-Five. BIG difference without even mentioning the Swiss guns.

If you like it, that’s all that matters.
You know, I used to have a lot of respect for your postings, but your non stop whining and bashing of the new P210A has really gotten old.
When you see a new thread on the P210A, do the rest of us a favor and just ignore it and move on.

Jim
Old January 25, 2019, 08:30 PM   #62
bac1023

Quote:
You know, I used to have a lot of respect for your postings, but your non stop whining and bashing of the new P210A has really gotten old.
When you see a new thread on the P210A, do the rest of us a favor and just ignore it and move on.

Jim
Well damn Jim, I’ll try my best to somehow get over the fact you no longer respect my opinion. I only try to educate.

Hey if you like the gun, that’s what matters. I didn’t say it was a bad shooter or even a bad gun. I said it doesn’t compare well to the others. Sorry if I burst your bubble.

Maybe I’ll buy a few just to make some of you happy.
Old January 25, 2019, 10:53 PM   #63
saleen322

I don't have a P210 of any flavor but I heard they are supposed to shoot well; Swiss, German, and US models. The couple of tests I found online for both the European and US models showed okay accuracy but my experience is that 9mms need more effort to get great accuracy than say a 45 ACP or 32 S&W Long. I met some new match shooters who bought factory ammo for good 9mms and were not getting the test groups that lesser equipment was producing with tailored hand loads. The new guys said how good the factory match ammo was, how much it cost, and they were told that it was the best. I think it was Atlanta 9mm match but I am not sure. That stuff is good but it was designed around a specific setup. I say all that to say this, until one actually gets one of the P210s and works up a load for it, you will never know what it is capable of whether it be Swiss, German or US. YMMV
Old January 25, 2019, 11:24 PM   #64
bac1023

The P210A is a great shooter. I never said it wasn’t. There’s a lot of awesome shooters on the market. I recently picked up a CZ Bull Shadow and it shoots lights out.

Like the P210A, the CZ’s aren’t real high quality either, but they shoot great.